Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dakonofrath

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:37 AM
forgive me if I seem ignorant of simple things. I've been using the iOS version for years but I've only started using the Windows version in the last couple days. So I'm still not used to even looking to see where energy resistance even shows up on the Windows version. I assume its in the In Play tab but I'm not seeing it. I even put on a ring of cold resistance just to try to find one that I know would work.
Dakonofrath is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:37 AM
#applybonus[Bonus,hero.child[iResFire], 20] is applying a value of 20 to the Bonus field of the thing iResFire that it's looking for on the character, but since it isn't finding it, nothing happened. Also general thing of note, use "childfound" in most cases, "child" alone can return an error, while "childfound" only applies if the thing is present.

iResFire is the fire resistance armor property.
Daniel V is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dakonofrath

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:40 AM
I see what you mean about the document being huge. It will take some time to even scan over the thing to get a feel for it. But it does look like it will be helpful.

I created a new(copy) of fire resistance and made a radiation resistance ability. I then added this line to my eval script:

#applybonus[Bonus,hero.child[abFNO_rads], 20]

I'm not sure how to tell if it works. I'm not seeing anything when I equip that tells me I have resistance 20.
Dakonofrath is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Dakonofrath

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:47 AM
so if I'm understanding what I'm learning from the .pdf you guys sent me and everything we've talked about so far my problem may be in my child setting?

The game is looking for a resist energy ability on my hero because the child is set to hero. But what I'm trying to do is attach the ability to the armor so I need to make the armor the child?
Dakonofrath is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dakonofrath

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:58 AM
I figured it out.

I needed this line:
#applyresist[xDamRsFire, 20]

Now I've found where to make xDamRsRad for my radiation and I've applied it to the armor. Still not sure where to look to make sure its working but it is the code that the rings of fire resist used so I'm sure it is, even if I can't tell yet.
Dakonofrath is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2020, 08:59 AM
The concept is fine, "hero.child" is looking for a thing present on the character, in this case the thing with id "abFNO_rads". That ability is not being found though. Also "Item Powers" is specifically things that can be added to weapons/armor, like flaming or such. Wondrous is generally the best place to look for references, though in this case I'd look at Ring of Fire Resistance.
Daniel V is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2020, 09:01 AM
In your case you're going to want to bootstrap xDamRsRad to the armor as well, so it will be added to the hero. xDamRsFire is by default on the hero, but new things like that are not.
Daniel V is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dakonofrath

Old April 17th, 2020, 09:06 AM
and I am good to go. I found the resistance marked in the Special section and it is what it is supposed to be.
I'll keep reading this document you guys linked to me to help me learn the details....looks like it will teach me some basics on coding too. Fun.

Thank you for all your help. You guys have been great.
Dakonofrath is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2020, 09:12 AM
No problem, I was right were you are once upon a time haha. Have fun!
Daniel V is offline   #19 Reply With Quote