Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

TaylorBland

Old March 29th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Okay, so i found some really great new weapons on the 5e homebrew wiki and wanted to implement them. some have new Qualities and i just don't know how to make those.

any help would be very helpful. thanks again. please bear wiht me, my technological skills are pretty much at a -5 modifier here.
TaylorBland is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 30th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
Okay, so i found some really great new weapons on the 5e homebrew wiki and wanted to implement them. some have new Qualities and i just don't know how to make those.

any help would be very helpful. thanks again. please bear wiht me, my technological skills are pretty much at a -5 modifier here.
Can you give an example of one of the weapons?
jjashley is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old March 30th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjashley View Post
Can you give an example of one of the weapons?
Sure:

"Bladed Boomerang"
5gp, 1d6 Slashing, 2 lbs.
Finesse, Light, Thrown (Range 30/120), Returning*
*Returning: If you make a ranged attack with a returning weapon and miss, you catch it at the end of your turn if you still have a free hand. Returning weapons need lots of space to bank and return to the thrower. There must be no obstructions (such as walls or trees) in a circle around the target of diameter equal to the distance to the target.

"Stiletto Knife"
4gp, 1d4 Piercing, 1 lb.
Finesse, Light, Thrown (20/60), Hidden*, Undersized**
*Hidden: A weapon with the hidden property is designed to be easily concealed by the holder. If you have proficiency with a hidden weapon you also gain advantage on checks with Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) to hide the weapon.
**Undersized: A weapon with the undersized property is particularly small. They can be easily hidden, and are favored by tiny races.
An undersized one-handed weapon is considered to be a light weapon (PHB p. 147). A Tiny creature can wield an undersized weapon in their off-hand and use it when two-weapon fighting.
An undersized two-handed weapon can be used by a Tiny creature without taking Disadvantage on their attack rolls.

These are just 2 of them. Adding Qualities (Or Properties depending on how you say it...) is just a bit beyond my grasp right now.
TaylorBland is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 30th, 2018, 04:40 PM
A lot of those can be handled with the -New Tag- option under the Properties button of the weapon although the Special tag is broad enough to cover all of that. If you look at the Lance, for instance, it has the Special tag, and in the description of the weapon it mentions the special rules about disadvantage if you're within 5 feet. However, there is no scripting attached to any of that. Returning and Hidden are really just the same as the Special tag in my mind, but if you want a new tag the mechanism to add one is there.

The undersized one is a bit rough though, you might want to play with the weapon size field in a script and define it as a magic item - like adamantine or silvered are defined as magical and you apply these "properties" to a weapon.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old March 31st, 2018, 10:48 AM
Okay, well, i tried the New Quality thing, but everything i type in, it tells me it can't save because i need to type it a certain way, but i've tried several different ways and nothing seems to work. something about a mandatory Underscore and number but it won't let me do anything. this is weird.
TaylorBland is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2018, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
Okay, well, i tried the New Quality thing, but everything i type in, it tells me it can't save because i need to type it a certain way, but i've tried several different ways and nothing seems to work. something about a mandatory Underscore and number but it won't let me do anything. this is weird.
Tags can not have characters outside of A-Z and numbers can only happen after the first A-Z character. Can't use spaces, dashes, tabs, underscores or any none A-Z character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old April 1st, 2018, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Tags can not have characters outside of A-Z and numbers can only happen after the first A-Z character. Can't use spaces, dashes, tabs, underscores or any none A-Z character.
oh, i guess i misread that. sorry.
TaylorBland is offline   #7 Reply With Quote