Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AirKevin

Old April 7th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I am relatively new to Hero Lab but have been playing around with the editor trying to make a magic handaxe that has a +1 to hit when used in melee, but +2 as a ranged weapon.

I have gotten pretty comfortable with the standard fields so I have the +1 part down just fine but can't figure out how to increase it to +2 for ranged attacks?

I assume there is a custom script or something that I would have to write? Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated!
AirKevin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 7th, 2018, 05:22 PM
What you're commonly used to working with is the field - Bonus right?

This translates to field[Bonus].value =1

which grants "global" a +1 bonus to both attack and damage.

If you right-click on a weapon/magic weapon and inspect the fields you'll notice there are some other fields you can play with:

atmBonus - Attack Melee Bonus
atrBonus - Attack Ranged Bonus
dmmBonus - Damage Melee Bonus
dmrBonus - Damage Ranged Bonus

These are all added together, so your current 1 in Bonus will apply 1 to all these.

If you add two fields to the weapon
dmrBonus set to 1 and
atrBonus set to 1

it will add an additional 1 to both attack and damage but only for the ranged side of the weapon.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AirKevin

Old April 8th, 2018, 07:06 AM
That was exactly what I needed, the atrBonus did it! Thank you!

I am looking for where I can "right-click" something? I just typed in the atrBonus in after opening the Fields selector on the Weapon, Magic screen in the Editor. Is there a listing somewhere (I did a brief search for it) of commonly used codes like the ones you mentioned above?

Thanks again for your help on this specific question, but also for the multitude of other answers I have seen in the forum, it really enhances the fun of this tool!
AirKevin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 8th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirKevin View Post
I am looking for where I can "right-click" something?

You need to have Enable Data File Debugging checked in Develop menu of the Hero Lab program (not the editor), should be between your License and Help menus.

If you have debugging enabled you can right click pretty much anything on the character sheet. If you give a character a dagger, you can right-click on the dagger and should have a menu that includes Show Debug Tags and Show Debug Fields - you can see all the tags set on the object and all the fields and values assigned to it.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote