Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Flashpower

Old April 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
So first the gloves. I was converting an old D&D 3.5 character over to Pathfinder. He had gloves of Ki Strike and I wanted to add them to him. But there wasn't a Custom Gloves option on the list, nor a Custom Headbands option either. Am I looking in the wrong place? Lemme know.

Second, I tried to build a wizard, I ran into a problem pretty quickly. I set my spells, no problem there, but since I chose evocation it was saying I got a specialty spell (indicated by a purple +0/1) after my normal spells. Problem is that whenever I click on the option to add one of these spells it only gives me an option of 5 zero level spells even though my specialty spell is suppose to be a level one. So if I add a 0 level spell it sets a warning since off on the program. I don't know how to fix this in the least and it's causing me a big problem. Need some serious help on that.

Lastly, outputs. In PCGen I can choose from tons of output sheets for my characters, everything from simple sheets for the less experienced, to super advanced sheets. I only get 1 PDF option in Hero Lab and it's hard to explain to someone how you get your AC without all of the factors showing up. The Simple Black and White Fantasy Sheet on PC Gen is kind of my ideal sheet and I'm wondering if something similar can't be added to Hero Lab. Also, it's annoying to export my file to a PDF only to learn I have to do it multiple times for Spells, Character, and Abilities/Feats. Anyway an option can be added to just add everything into 1?

Last edited by Flashpower; April 20th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: More info Added.
Flashpower is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
For your wizard, you have to add spells to your spellbook before you memorize them. Wizard tab, upper left corner.
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old April 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Regarding the output's, there are several other community created character sheets you could use here.
Umarian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
And for the gloves, create them on the "Wondrous" tab in the editor. There's a dropbox in the bottom portion for selection of which slot they occupy.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
Regarding the output's, there are several other community created character sheets you could use here.
Most of these have been rolled into the Powered by HL feature so after you start HL you can easily install these by going to "Find Updates" and then installing "Ancient One's Pathfinder Sheet" or "Armidale's Pathfinder Sheet".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpower View Post
Second, I tried to build a wizard, I ran into a problem pretty quickly. I set my spells, no problem there, but since I chose evocation it was saying I got a specialty spell (indicated by a purple +0/1) after my normal spells. Problem is that whenever I click on the option to add one of these spells it only gives me an option of 5 zero level spells even though my specialty spell is suppose to be a level one. So if I add a 0 level spell it sets a warning since off on the program. I don't know how to fix this in the least and it's causing me a big problem. Need some serious help on that.
Did you add any Evocation spells to your spellbook first? If you have no Evocation spells to cast you wouldn't have any spells to memorize.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Must admit the Spellbook caught me out the first time I used HL. That big oval button on some class tabs isn't hugely intuitive unless you go really hunting for it.

So, to expand on Shadow's answer, go to the Wizard tab, and click on the big oval in the top left corner of the tab - that's your Spellbook of spells known. Add spells. You may then prepare spells from that list of spells known in the main section of the Wizard tab.
Chemlak is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old April 22nd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Thank you all for the information. There is a learning curve with HL, but overall it is a very robust program. Thank you for your patience as I learn the system and how it all works.
Flashpower is offline   #8 Reply With Quote