Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old January 30th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
The other issue that can occur is if one of the two decides to delete the realm. From previous discussions, it sounded like the ability to sync/upload/download for that realm is gone. I'd guess it has something to do with the GUID either being erased from the LWD servers or marked as unusable in some way... I'm betting it's deleted for future use by someone else while security prevents the uploading of a now unknown GUID.
If you delete the realm from the server on one PC, then when you log in on another PC then the realm will disappear automatically (as part of the initial sync process of getting the list of known realms).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Dont know how that worst case scenario would occur, because only one user can be logged in at the time. Anyways I didn't test this (and never will), so maybe you are correct.

But isn't the problem more that RW has been licensed to the user, so he would not be allowed to share the login...
The problem occurs when PC1 forgets to sync after their editing session...

If changes are made on PC2 and he syncs with the server, then later when PC1 comes to sync again he has to decide whether to accept the changes made by PC2 (i.e. whats on the server), or to discard the changes made on PC2 and replace them with the changes made on PC1.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 31st, 2018, 12:35 AM
Hey, I never said it was a very good solution but if you're desperate and have faith in the other person it is an optione. Not sure if legally allowed though.

And yes, I think that LWD should look at this feature and try to implement it, once the bloody content market that seems inhibit any other development, is out.
Merion is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 1st, 2018, 09:36 AM
@farling
I constantly have this because i forget to sync and do something on my other machine. It's not the programs fault, but the whole synch-system is not my cup of tea. I'm using it, got used to it, but I dislike it because it's (for my ideal use case unecessary). A dropbox like background synch would suffice completely for me. And I could do that with my NAS. Anyways, for the content market and the protection of 3rd party stuff this is all necessary. Like those dvd's you *buy* (or bought if you just stream now adays) and where you are forced to watch 1 minute of copyright garbage.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old February 4th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
If someone has a GM copy and they connect to your realm they will still only have Player View access to that realm. Realm Works is not a tool that allows GMs to concurrently edit a realm at the same time.

What you can do though is have multiple people with GM copies creating content that gets put into a master realm.

For example there are about 15 of us contributing content and feeding it into the master realm here.
After a week of searching I finally found some one working on a collaboration.
I have not found any thing about how to do this, could you point me in the right direction. It is just me and one other working on this home brew world. We are both super new to RW and could use some step by step help.

Thank you

Dior
Dior is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 4th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Right now no, the method that is supposed to work is resulting in failed imports. As soon as that gets resolved, assuming it does, I'll get someone to post the details here.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote