Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Grgbobe

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:49 PM
One of the reasons I want the players to see things in (at least near-) real time is so they don't have to capture everything I'm saying...they can just see the snippets I reveal and they can take fewer notes. I can't tell you how many times play has come to a screeching halt as I relate info to my players and they try to put it in their notes..."what color was the floor again?"; "what did that stuff smell like?" etc. etc.

And they all type at different speeds...and want to capture different things...and I want them to be able to reference something from room #2 while they're in room #5...this tool (Player Edition) shouldn't merely be about catching up/reviewing info offline.

So, it would be nice to at least have a smoother sync so my players can concentrate more on paying attention than capturing notes. Maybe my guys are different in that they want clarity (and I do, too), but I doubt it...
Grgbobe is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbobe View Post
And they all type at different speeds...and want to capture different things...and I want them to be able to reference something from room #2 while they're in room #5...this tool (Player Edition) shouldn't merely be about catching up/reviewing info offline.
THis is why computers can be distracting at tables. If everyone is trying to type what you say, then they are not picturing the scene in their heads for their own imagination.

If they know the notes will be available later in RW, then they can concentrate on the here-and-now. If they forget what was in the room two rooms ago, then they can have their characters go and have another look.
Farling is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 17th, 2017, 11:03 PM
I agree - I would love a button inside my realm, that I could press and it would do all the synching work (with appropriate requesters where relevant) and shortly after return the realm to me.

Live updating ("pushing"?) is not high on my priority list.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Grgbobe

Old March 23rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
THis is why computers can be distracting at tables. If everyone is trying to type what you say, then they are not picturing the scene in their heads for their own imagination.

If they know the notes will be available later in RW, then they can concentrate on the here-and-now. If they forget what was in the room two rooms ago, then they can have their characters go and have another look.
I think you missed my first paragraph or I didn't convey my message clearly. If I could update Player Edition in near-real time, my players wouldn't need to take notes...my snippets would yield that information and alleviate their need to type. Also, some things you say as a GM are very pertinent to the player's next action...I want them to be able to review my comments very quickly because not everyone has an eidetic memory.
Grgbobe is offline   #34 Reply With Quote