Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

master_sylvius

Old January 13th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Can anybody help me in getting back this data?!?
master_sylvius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 13th, 2015, 07:51 AM
The tome of secrets isn't a data package we offer, so I am assuming you got it from a 3rd party? Did you get an error message of some sort upon opening the program? You can right click on that and paste it here, if so.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Tome of Secrets was merged into the new Pathfinder 3PP Pack. It didn't go away but I did change the file names to match the community new standards.

As Aaron said if you are getting an error message on Pathfinder start then copy it and paste it here. Once that happens HL has gone into safe mode and WILL NOT load any .user files.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CyberHeart

Old February 16th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Reading the link above, It appears that once one purchase the licenses for Advance Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic, then the Pathfinder 3PP will appear in the "Configure Hero" section of "Hero Lab". Correct?
CyberHeart is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 16th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberHeart View Post
Reading the link above, It appears that once one purchase the licenses for Advance Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic, then the Pathfinder 3PP will appear in the "Configure Hero" section of "Hero Lab". Correct?
Unfortunately I had to make the call that the 3PP stuff would require the official licenses for AGP, UC and UM as the books just pull to many Things from those licenses. So yes if you loaded the 3PP Pack and your getting error messages the main reason would be from missing those official licenses.

It is possible with a bit of work to pull the Tome of Secrets out of the 3PP Pack and just run the files you need. In that case I "think" it would run without the above licenses but I am not 100% sure on that.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CyberHeart

Old February 17th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Hmmm. I have no problem with the need to purchase licenses. I understand that some users may require an explanation for the changes you had to make. I am not one of them nor was my question asking for one. The explanation was welcomed, but my question was not of anger requiring an explanation.

I do have a problem with the LoneWolf.com website, concerning "Knowing What to Purchase to get the Desired Result" for one's desired RPG exprience.

I have yet to find on LoneWolf's "Hero Lab section for 'additional data packages - purchase section' " that has any reference leading to a direct purchase for a "Pathfinder 3PP" or any reference that states "Use this download link for Pathfinder 3PP after you purchase license for ......" or anything else giving the same results.

At this point I would like to know:
1. After purchasing Advance Player's Guide, Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic.
2. After Re-Actvating my License on my iPad and my Mac.
Does this cause an invisable condition been turned on within the LoneWolf.com or HeroLab?
If the Anwser is yes for:
1. LoneWolf.com - Then I assume I login to the License management site and then do....?
or
2. Hero Lab - Then does it appear in the "Configure Hero" section or do I need to do something else?

or Do I need to something altogether else different?

If the Answer is no, then I am really confuse.

Sorry, for the long post. But I had never had such a hard time by any other vendor to give them my money for their product or services.

Thanks
CyberHeart is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old February 17th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Assuming you're working on an already created/saved portfolio (prior to your having access to the items you just bought), you likely just need to enable those sources for the portfolio/hero in question
nullPointer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old February 17th, 2015, 08:19 AM
The Pathfinder 3PP Pack is not made by Lone Wolf. It is made by volunteers from the Community, who use Hero Lab's built-in Editor to create new data files for products (such as various third-party supplements) that are not supported by Lone Wolf. However, to do this, some "basic" data packages are required, in order to avoid having to rewrite / recreate bunches of features that already exist: hence the need for somebody using this 3PP pack to have purchased the licenses for the APG, UM and UC.

To actually download the 3PP pack (and be warned when there are updates), see the first few posts of this thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966
Lord Magus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Hmmm. I have no problem with the need to purchase licenses. I understand that some users may require an explanation for the changes you had to make. I am not one of them nor was my question asking for one. The explanation was welcomed, but my question was not of anger requiring an explanation.
I admit based on forum posts that are often vague I "do read into" what is really being asked. I guess I missed the point this time.

Quote:
I do have a problem with the LoneWolf.com website, concerning "Knowing What to Purchase to get the Desired Result" for one's desired RPG experience.
As I don't work for LW in any capacity I have no control over there website. I do list for the 3PP Pack on THIS post what is required and the install screen when loading lists the required licenses. Best I can do currently.

Quote:
At this point I would like to know:
1. After purchasing Advance Player's Guide, Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic.
2. After Re-Actvating my License on my iPad and my Mac.
Does this cause an invisable condition been turned on within the LoneWolf.com or HeroLab?
Not sure I would say "invisible" as much as that the books you purchased should no longer be greyed out and instead you could check mark them in the "Configure Your Hero" window. That will tell you those "licenses" are really active on your computer and iPad.

Quote:
If the Anwser is yes for:
1. LoneWolf.com - Then I assume I login to the License management site and then do....?
or
2. Hero Lab - Then does it appear in the "Configure Hero" section or do I need to do something else?
After buying on the website and reactivating the license you are good to go. You only need to go into the "Configure Your Hero" settings if you actually want to turn on the "new" books for your character. From the point of view of the Community Packs you don't need to do anything more.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CyberHeart

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:09 PM
First ShadowChemosh & Lord Magus,

My apoligies, my comments regarding LoneWolf.com website was not to infer the Community had any reponsiablity for the website nor to insult anyone in the community.

ShadowChemosh:
Thanks for your patience and understanding. Thank you and NullPointer for addressing the process part of my post. Your new way of distributing the 3PP often in recent posts is referred to as downing the 3PP, which it is not. This kept me confused as what was required to have the 3PP available.

Now, I understand what is need, I will get the required licenses and configure hero. I will let my GM know that Tome of Secrets is supported. He loves Tome of Secrets.

Thanks to all.
CyberHeart is offline   #10 Reply With Quote