Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

GrimJack

Old April 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitback12 View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the poster who said that trademarking the term "army builder" is like trademarking "wheelchair" or "bunk bed."
Agree all you like, but the laws read pretty much exactly like stated (no I'm not a lawyer either, but I did use to work for one that did trademark work)

If LW does not make the distinctions as noted they could actually LOSE their right to the trademark. If they look at it as you state and say "oh they arent actually refering to US, even if its the same wording" then the courts (in all their screwed up glory) can actually remove the trademark from them and throw it into open use.

Now, while I agree that its an utterly IGNORANT attitude, the scorn should be aimed at the legal system, not at the companies that have to play by the rules or lose their source of income

In short, LW is being more than reasonable in their requests, and the fact is if they DONT make them it bites them in the butt legally

Its not a matter of LW being jerks, its the jerks in the court system making them behave this way
GrimJack is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
xbox360

Old November 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Couldn’t an argument be made that they sat around for years and years while the gaming community used the term “army builder” as a catch-all, generic term and thus missed their chance to cry foul?

xbox360
xbox360 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:11 AM
As I understand it, they've been pretty proactive in notifying people using it on products. This was just a case which was much more high-profile. They're not going after people who referring to an "army builder" as a general term so much as the guys coming out with "Bob's Army Builder" or "Army Builder 40K" as seen in Rob's first post in the topic.
Duggan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old November 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Holy resurrection of a dead and done to death thread. I can't believe this is still an issue to anybody.

Honestly everyone build a bridge and get the heck over it already.

Gil
gilvagor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
bluelight2

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:46 AM
In short, LW is being more than reasonable in their requests, and the fact is if they DONT make them it bites them in the butt legally
bluelight2 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:56 AM

^_^ Enough said.
Duggan is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old December 10th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Deleted

Last edited by jboweruk; December 10th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
jboweruk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote