Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ilorath

Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Not possible to chose the magic banner “the Royal Standard of Ariel“.
Ilorath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
urpdogg

Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:36 AM
I'm going to assume that you realize that the only way you can have that banner is as a Army Battle Standard, and not a unit one.
urpdogg is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ilorath

Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
It is of course possible that I don’t understand all the settings in army builder and hence making a mistake when I chose the banner.

Try the following:
Add a noble -> make the noble the standard bearer -> select magic items -> select magic banners -> try adding “the Royal Standard of Ariel”.

When I do these steps I get an error informing me that I can’t chose the banner because it costs 100p and a noble can only have magic items to a maximum cost of 50p. Problem is that according to the rules this restriction does not apply to magic battle standard banners (if I understand the Warhammer rules correctly that is, though I am guessing that I do since only nobles can be battle standard bearers and hence it would be impossible to have that banner if the 50p restriction would apply to magic battle standards).

Check the wood elves army book in the section where it is says that you can make a noble a battle standard bearer (think it is on the right part of the side where the heroes are described with point cost).
Ilorath is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
urpdogg

Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:07 AM
I did it and it didn't make an error. Might wanna make sure you have the up to date files.
urpdogg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ilorath

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Apparently my files must be out of date then. How/where do I update my data files?
Ilorath is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
urpdogg

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Go to the downloads section here or click check updates in Army Builder.
urpdogg is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ilorath

Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I have V007 and that seems to be the latest update. I even reinstalled the data file but it did not solve my problem I still can’t chose that 100p banner .
Ilorath is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ultramarine303

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I just checked it and it works for me too.

But not to have digged out this thread for nothing, I have found another woodelf bug. Having an alter kindred Highborn (who can not be the general because of the alter kindred) I try to make a wild hunter kindred noble to be my general. AB gives me an error telling me, that the noble can't be the general because of his lower Ld than the Higborn's. So something must be wrong in the woodelf file, as the alter highborn can't be the general but the wild rider noble can, according to the rules.
Additionally there seems to be a little problem with the wild rider noble as I can choose magic equipment for him normally, but the nonmagical equipment misses the spear e.g. and I am not sure what else.

Could you take a look at these problems ?
Ultramarine303 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote