Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
Got a PC rigger with a tricked out GMC Bulldog Step-Van that maxed out the resources at 250K even.
Then I locked the character for Advancement.
Then the character added a Morphing License Plate to his Bulldog Step-Van.
Now the character's sheet is showing that he is 251K of 250K on nuyen...which is strange since the character's resources should not be affected by the 250K limit after creation.
Is this actually causing any errors to be reported on your character, or does it just look odd if you switch back to creation mode?
Mathias is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is this actually causing any errors to be reported on your character, or does it just look odd if you switch back to creation mode?
I'm getting a "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent" message, while in Character Advancement.
Peter Smith is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
Got a PC rigger with a tricked out GMC Bulldog Step-Van that maxed out the resources at 250K even.
Then I locked the character for Advancement.
Then the character added a Morphing License Plate to his Bulldog Step-Van.
Now the character's sheet is showing that he is 251K of 250K on nuyen...which is strange since the character's resources should not be affected by the 250K limit after creation.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
BUG: Firearms modifications; Battle Rifles

According to War! p154, emphasis mine:
[hr]
A battle rifle is an up-powered version of an assault rifle. It
fires heavier-caliber rounds than an assault rifle and offers better
accuracy at longer ranges. It is heavier than an assault rifle, which
helps compensate for the added recoil of the larger round. A battle
rifle’s role lies between that of an assault rifle and a sniper rifle.
Battle rifles use sporting rifle ranges, and can take any modification
or accessory available to assault rifles.
[hr]

I know War! isn't directly offered yet, but since two Battle Rifles (Ultimax 150 and Sig Sauer 574) are present in HL via Gun Haven 1, well ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
Trying to add modifications flagged as "SMGs and assault rifles only" - i.e., "Extended Magazine (Drum 50)" produces a validation error.
Fixed for extended clip (drum). Thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdoggle View Post
Underbarrel Weight does not appear to be adding a point of recoil compensation to the weapon. Tested with both SMG and Assault Rifles with no other mods and all slots (Top/Barrel/Under) available.
I just added an AK-97 to a blank character and added an underbarrel weight to that weapon, and the recoil compensation increased by 1.

What other recoil reductions do you have on your weapon? Underbarrel weights don't stack with bipods, foregrips, gyromounts, slings, or tripods (Arsenal, pg 148).
Mathias is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
There seems to be a problem with the restricted Gear quality when a modification to the device makes its availability rise above 12 (such as adding APDS ammo to a weapon, or making it a weapon focus of force 3) it remains unavailable to pick for the restricted gear option (in the case of the APDS ammo I expected the ammo to become available to select not the rifle it was bought for)
Added to the to-do list, thanks for the report.

The workaround on this one is easy - just check the "save for later" box on the quality, and ignore the error message - the error won't be reported anymore once you switch to advancement mode.
Mathias is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom1111 View Post
I tried to make some adjustments to my attributes (while using the BP system) however, it seems that Intuition and Logic only cost 4 points when they should really cost 10. This doesn't seem so bad until you try to switch one point of intuition (4pts) for one point of Charisma (10pts). I'm sure you can see where the accounting problem lies here. What gives?
Please check if you had spent all your free knowledge skill points before making this change - if so, dropping INT and raising CHA won't give you as much benefit because you're now having to spend BP on some of your knowledge skills.
Mathias is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosknight199 View Post
While Building an adept i noticed that when you add Cyber to the Magic character (it works on both magic and Resonance) It correctly drops the stat down bhy 1 point but it also Refunds the Karma. so if i bought 6 Magic and spent 1 essence point then i only spent 70 karma on the magic instead of 100
Added to the to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaryl View Post
I'm having trouble recreating Adepts that use both a Way and Geasa.

A character's Way grants him a 25% discount on some of his Adept Powers. I also gave the character Geasa for several of his powers, using the Power-Specific Geas from Street Magic, which also says it grants a 25% discount to Power Point cost. My understanding is that this works out as being a 50% discount total, so a power like Improved Reflexes 2 would normally cost 2.5 Power Points, but with Warrior's Way and a Geas, it works out to 1.25 PP.

But when I put the same Power, Way, and Geas in to Hero Lab it comes out with a total of 1.41 PP. It seems to take the first 25% off, then takes a second 25% off from the already discounted price, lowering the total amount of PP saved.

Is this something that Catalyst has specified they wanted? The wording of the books seems to suggest that the discounts would be added together, and it also makes for much easier book-keeping (fewer long strings of decimals).
If you've come across any specific rulings on this issue, I'd appreciate a link to them.
Mathias is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM
As per SR4A, pg. 195, Adept Powers, power level is restricted by (current) Magic. Breaking that restriction does not create a warning.
Ryu is offline   #130 Reply With Quote