Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

khan

Old June 30th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Is there any people currently working on or planning to work on legend of the five rings?
khan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I seem to remember someone mentioning it awhile back, but i havent seen any files from it or heard about it in some time.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old July 13th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Khan,
I would be the one that has been working on the L5R files and well to start >>> Iam not a programer<<< so its SLOW going. I started the 4th edition conversion of the work I had done for 3 and 3Rev. I have a few threads out there that keep up my progress, but I have nto worked on them since April with programing.
I have attempted for years now to get AEG to sign up with HL and lonewolf so that the Real Pros could do the work, but AEG does not have an interet in nor the people to work with Lonewolf. Near the end of 2nd they had begun talking over the idea but the person incharge at AEG was laid off when the company downsized and shifted it focus, since then they have no interest. I went the forums and meet with a large amount a resistence to character generation systems and most people wnated nothing to do with the idea.
This has made it a personal goal to work on them and I have hit a few major blocks in the road, due to my own lack of abilities. I will again this year stop by the AEG both at Gen-Con and try to speak with someone important there about this topic but most of the important people from AEG are not at the both and are hard to contact. It would be of great help if you also voiced your desire for this to come to fruit then it woudl not just be crazy me
SAbel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:38 AM
hay sabel, be careful about going to a booth at a convetion to something like that. many companys just dont have the time to sit down with you so they blow you off. you should get in touch with AEG prior to Gen Con and set up a meeting, that way they will be able to spend quality time with you. Most companys are full out busy at convention and really dont want people coming to their booths and pulling them away from other people who are potential customers. I know when i am at Gen Con with my company i dont have anytime during the day to get with folks. I spend a lot fo tiem making sure the LW folks are doing wel,, (wink wink).

that being said, i know a few folks at AEG, but i dont know if any of them will be at Gen Con this year. so if you have a problem, stop by the Cheese Weasel ConQuest booth and let me know and i'll see what i can do, but no promises. (I will be the one with the large yellow ! over my head).

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 13th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
(I will be the one with the large yellow ! over my head).
DUDE that is awesome! I almost spit my lunch out when I read this...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:01 AM
LW is participating in the ConQuest program at Gen Con this year as well. so if you stop by us, we will send you to LW and you can look at the demo for Realm Works, (I hope). our program gives away about $12,000 in prizes and 2 gamer cruise tickets. They are participating in our ConQuest program is how i found LW and HL in the first place, so pick up our quest cards and go demo all the fine products at LW.

(Shameless plug)

chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I'd be interested in helping with a l5r 4th edition if you need some help. I am only learning how to build a system with d6 at the moment but I am willing to help with this as I would like to have l5r in my hl as well.

btw I have more than 10 years in IT development, and while it helps I still need to learn the way they have done things.

Being into XML is also an advantage.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
orewashinigamiza

Old August 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm also not a programmer, but I've been trying to give it a shot as well. I sadly only have general ideas written down so far, nothing else...I've been failing pretty hard core at adapting the skeleton files to L5R. This is mostly due to my lack of programming skill, or rather, my inability to break the system down into it's simplest components. I'm okay at scripting, I think.

Regardless, it seems like there are 3 or 4 of us interested in this little project. We should get together and collaborate on this, maybe we can spread it all out and make it a bit easier.
orewashinigamiza is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a plan. My d6 system is coming along and I believe I will be able to break down L5R into its components in a few weeks as I come to grips with how the system works.

We can assign tasks based on complexity.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 28th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I would love anyone willing to help out and work together.
First you should understand that I am NOT a programer and so I have struggled to make it to the current point.
Next I am a teacher, so school is back in and my free time is rather limited.

I have made it through some of the bigger material, its just getting it to work correctly that I am stuck on and that is because I m struggling with the program language, (see Art Teacher = WTF why does it not work right).

To this point I have:
Clans in, Families and schools (save from the newest books) both adding the correct bonuses. The Traits auto calculate for CP reduction when purchased. (including Void being x6 all others x4 vs New rank)
The Rings auto add {I wish I could make that tab look better (arrows) from the 2 traits to the correct ring ect}
The Advantages are in (no discription yet, and they do not come off of the CP value) I do not have the Disadvantages as of yet.
Skills are in place with discriptions and working from the CP value.
Armor is in place but the value is not in Koku (form) yet, and it is not adding to Defense yet.
Weapons are in place I do not have them looking up correct skills + trait to get the roll and keep values.
All the Gear (equipment is in place with descriptions) { I would lilke to have the 20 item travel pack inside the gear menu so that a player can pick those items and then the rest of the equipment.
MISSING still
1. No rank powers description
2. No insight calculation
3. No master rank abilities
4. I have not made a way for the Clan/Family/School to lock out other options, (Once a clan is picked you are given the correct families and once family is picked you are give a choice of schools from that clan, BUT a player can pick more than one Clan. Also different school advantage does nothing to open up a school choice as of now.
5. No R&K mechanics in place
6. Does not do initiative
7. No options for picking Spells/Kiho/Tattoo ect
8. The race option is still in place for the base program
9. Health is not calculated
10. I have not even started the print out character sheet.
11. I have no place for Heratige tables/info to go at this point.

Beyound all that I am willing to work with anyone that would like to or want to jump in.
I am not sure how we can share data sets, other than to email them back and forth.
I also think that as books are released (though I am not sure how) to have them in the configure hero section, and possibly add era choices (aka, what clans are oppitions) but that is not needed to get the task to be finished.

Sean
SAbel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote