Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

DMayhew469

Old December 28th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I found a work around for themes. I created the various theme features and then boot strapped them to a new feat having the theme name. Then on the personal tab add a bonus feat and add the theme feat to your list of feats. I did this with Heir of Delzoun and it works fine.
DMayhew469 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old January 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
FYI everyone. Themes have been added to the compendium.
DMayhew469 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 7th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hurray! Finally.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
*Does a happy Dance*

I forsee soon having to do a lot of character loads and theme picks
cryptoknight is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
interestcurve

Old June 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
Thinking about buying the 4e rule set for Hero Labs. Are themes available yet? What other options are missing from 4e as of now?
interestcurve is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 27th, 2013, 05:17 AM
It will be interesting having the themes be available, hopefully soon.
SAbel is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old June 27th, 2013, 10:59 AM
You do realize that the post about themes in the compendium happened almost 18 months ago. The only way we have to get them into HL is still my site with the themes we've managed to make work thanks to Daphne's mod, and the hard work that MagicSN, myself, and others have put towards hand typing the blasted things in right?

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cryptoknight,
First of all it seems as though your a little hostile, I understand that you and a group of others have made some very large steps into including items into 4E HL and that they are hosted at your site. I also know that the DDI CB was updated on June 28th of 2013 which I thought might make a point that some updating has happened.
I hope that the work all of you have done will sometime be part of the HL downloader so that it is easier to add in the content.

Thank you
SAbel is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old June 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry if I came off hostile, I just didn't want you to get your hopes up. I originally bought Herolab to replace my offline character builder when WoTC went Online CB only. This thread seemed to get resurrected by your post.

We've had themes in the Compendium for 18 months or so, and nothing has been done to Herolab directly to support them. I don't expect anything further to be done for Herolab, except maybe to update the downloader to be able to download what it already has been downloading if the recent change to the CB breaks it.

My personal feelings about HL and 4e support have been pretty disgusted lately (in the last 6-9 months) because we haven't seen any movement regarding HL and 4e. The amount of bug fixes and problems that have been handled and then put on my site upsets me, because they point to bugs in the downloader that have never been corrected.

In essence, if you aren't playing Shadowrun or Pathfinder, don't expect much in terms of updates it seems. I'm glad I play Shadowrun and get a good chunk of value out of HL for Shadowrun, because HL for 4e is mostly a lot of painstaking work to manually edit and fix the broken and missing stuff.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I wish I understood XML programming better so that I could help more, I can fix magic items and simple things (for the most part) but really do not understand how to make classes work ect. but would love to be able to help out.

I was working on making Legends of the Five Rings (L5R) but hit a hard wall of understanding once I got into the belly of XML program workings.

If there is an easy way to tell me step by step (ie do this then this) I would be happy to help you guys out there are several classes that I would like to put in.

Just let me know, also I will be at Gen-Con this year if you are going maybe we can meet up and you could show me how I can help.
SAbel is offline   #20 Reply With Quote