Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

npilgaard

Old March 19th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Hello all,

This is not directly related to AB as such, but I think that it might nevertheless be of interest.

A few years ago I developed (over several years) a generic campaign
system and software to support it, 'Art of Warfare'.

The software reads rosters created in AB, and can thus be seen as an extension of AB in the playing field.

As noted, the system is generic, and (with a little work) most game systems which lend themselves to the map-style campaigns can be supported.
I don't have the time to include specific game systems, but if anyone is up to it, I will be happy to get them started, answer questions, etc.

(Currently WH40K is supported, and WHFantasy (likely), Warmaster and EpicA, and perhaps BFGothic, are possible 'next-to-be-supported' game systems).

Features:

- it is free
- map-based campaigns:
basically, the software handles all the bookkeeping of the campaign stuff , and the players can then build and move armies, etc.
- Miniature battles can be fought as tabletop battles (or however a certain game system handles battles), and the results are then included in the campaign game
(or alternatively the computer can be set to resolve the battles, and the campaign can thus be played as a 'pure' computer game).
- pbem support
- reasonably complex campaign system (cities, fortifications, resources, terrain, different detachment types, different battle orders, special abilities/rules for the various armylists, etc. etc.)
- lots of options to match individual preferrences
- the software can read rosters created by using Army Builder (v3.1, but older versions also usable)
- map editor included
- full campaign rules and other help files

Info and download here:
http://www.geocities.com/npilgaard/c...rcampaign.html

Hope you will enjoy it!

Thanks
Nikolaj
npilgaard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Asgamot

Old November 20th, 2022, 10:13 PM
The campaign system is an extension of the software that reads rosters created in AB. This makes it an invaluable tool for campaign management.
Asgamot is offline   #2 Reply With Quote