Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I have a class that gains Greater Weapon focus at a certain level, even without meeting the prerequisite (8 fighter levels).... I have been trying to assign the thing.skipprereq tag to the feat, as mentioned in the help files, but having no luck

This is in the Eval Scripts box. First, 100 (although I have not messed around with the at all yet, I don't think that is the problem)

var result as number
foreach pick in hero where "field.[fGrWepFoc]"
result = eachpick.assign[thing.skipprereq]
nexteach

I am getting an error message "invalid tag expression specified for "foreach" statement"
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 20th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Also, where are the pathfinder files? I wanted to see some of the scripting for the Pain Taster, but can't find the files.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM
How do I check for the existance of a specific spell as part of a pre-requisite? For example, the spell "Cheat" I have been trying the following:

@valid = 0
if (hero.child[cHelpSor].field[Thing Identify].sSorCheat = 1) then
@valid = 1
endif

Thing Identify is not recognized by the program (I found it on the tag summary for the cheat spell on the sorceror tab), what should I put there?
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I am entering some materials currently, and would like to have the material check if the weapon is slashing or piercing, then if so, add +1 enhancement bonus to the damage. Here is the code I am using:

Eval Script
First, Users (20,000)
~ If we are a slashing or piercing weapon, increase our damage by 1.
if (container.parent.tagis[wType.S] + container.parent.tagis[wType.P] <> 0) then
container.parent.field[BonEnhance].value += 1
endif

However, no modifier to damage is being applied....

I figured it out, it was a timing issue. For other's reference, the script I ended up with was

Post Levels (User) 11000
~ If we are a slashing or piercing weapon, increase our damage by 1, does not stack with enhancement.
if (container.parent.tagis[wType.S] + container.parent.tagis[wType.P] + container.parent.tagis[wTypeOff.S] + container.parent.tagis[wTypeOff.P] <> 0) then
if (container.parent.field[BonEnhance].value = 0) then
container.parent.field[wDamBonus].value += 1
endif
endif

Last edited by Lawful_g; May 28th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
I have a class that gains Greater Weapon focus at a certain level, even without meeting the prerequisite (8 fighter levels).... I have been trying to assign the thing.skipprereq tag to the feat, as mentioned in the help files, but having no luck

This is in the Eval Scripts box. First, 100 (although I have not messed around with the at all yet, I don't think that is the problem)

var result as number
foreach pick in hero where "field.[fGrWepFoc]"
result = eachpick.assign[thing.skipprereq]
nexteach

I am getting an error message "invalid tag expression specified for "foreach" statement"
You don't need to use a script for this - if you're bootstrapping the feat, just click the Bootstraps button and add a tag to it. The group should be "thing", the tag should be "skipprereq".
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Also, where are the pathfinder files? I wanted to see some of the scripting for the Pain Taster, but can't find the files.
Just make a copy of the Pain Taster class (or template, or whatever it is) using the "New (Copy)" button in the editor, and you can look at the scripts there.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
How do I check for the existance of a specific spell as part of a pre-requisite? For example, the spell "Cheat" I have been trying the following:

@valid = 0
if (hero.child[cHelpSor].field[Thing Identify].sSorCheat = 1) then
@valid = 1
endif

Thing Identify is not recognized by the program (I found it on the tag summary for the cheat spell on the sorceror tab), what should I put there?
If all you're trying to check is whether the spell has been added to the hero, I think you can just do:

@valid = hero.pickexists[sSorCheat]

This assigns 1 to @valid if the pick exists, 0 if it doesn't. I'm not sure what you're trying to do with "Thing Identify", but you don't need to do anything that complicated.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Colen. I'll give those a try. I'm always impressed with how helpful you guys are. You can be sure I'll have more questions before long.
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
K. So I have another question. I am bootstrapping spells to feats because they are automatically gained when you get such a feat, but I am having trouble with the Spell tab in herolab. These are Sorceror spells. The bootstrapped spells are grayed out and claim that all spells of that level have been used, even though the spells normally chosen by the player show they have the correct amount left.

I have discovered that the sCastLeft field for the bootstrapped spells is always 0. It appears also that the Task Lisk info windows differ between bootstrapped and normally chosen spells, as the bootstrapped are missing a task at "First (500) Existance condition"

I think perhaps the sCastLeft field is probably calculated in that missing task. I know that there is a button in the editor when you are bootstrapping called "Fields", and I can arbitrarily assign a number to this field there, but then it does not change with clicking on the arrows to use the spell, and it is still independant from the normally chose spells, that decrease normally with usage.

So how do I restore proper function to the bootstrapped spells? Do I need to get the Existance Condition task running?

Last edited by Lawful_g; June 3rd, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Second question. I have a race called tinker gnome that has a racial ability called Guild affiliation. The player chooses from Craft, Technical, or Sage guild and gains a +2 racial bonus on the associated skills (Craft, Profession, and Knowledge respectively).

Feats have a "select from" option that you can choose skills with, but I can't figure out how to make a special that can do a similar thing.

Alternately, I tried to make a feat that is only available to Tinker Gnomes that I could bootstrap to them, but I could not figure out 3 issues.

One, how do I limit it to just the skills I want selectable? Traits have a mechanism where you enter into the Custom expression to limit to a few skills. EX: thingid.kKnowNoble|thingid.kKnowRel

Two, how do I make AllCraft, AllKnow, AllProf show up rather than just individual skills of that type? While there is no error when I add these in, I run into another stumbling block in the next step.

Three, how do I add a bonus to the chosen skill so it shows? For number three, there is Skill Focus to use as a reference, but it is not quite working with the things I am trying for the solving of 1 and 2. There is no error upon compiling, but when I select either of the limited selections I get an error message:

"Attempt to access pick information or behaviors for read only thing 'SKILLNAME'

And no bonus is added. I've tried shifting around the timing for the eval script to no avail. I have also tried attacking it from a different angle, using the bit of code gotten from the traits where I found the solution to One as well:

perform field[fChosen].chosen.forward[ClassSkill.?]

... but I am not having any luck modifying it to add a bonus, getting an "invalid use of reserved word in script", an error that I frequently see.

For example, I am doing:

hero.field[fChosen].chosen.field[Bonus].value += 2

Also tried:

#skillbonus[fChosen] += 2

But then it doesn't recognize fChosen as being anything

Last edited by Lawful_g; June 3rd, 2009 at 06:07 PM.
Lawful_g is offline   #10 Reply With Quote