Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TopCat

Old March 31st, 2010, 10:47 AM
I created a character with only Commoner levels (it could be any class that doesn't get all simple and martial weapon proficiencies but Commoner works as well as any for this example. On the feats tab, there's a dropdown to select a single simple weapon proficiency. The dropdown contains all sorts of things (it looks like a list of weapons, attacks, spells, special abilities and more). If you then pick Martial Weapon Proficiency as a feat, you get a similarly cluttered dropdown.

Secondly, when you pick a weapon from either the simple or martial weapon proficiency dropdowns, you get a dialog box that says "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Everything seems to work as expected after that (when you give the character a weapon, the weapons you've picked show as proficient and the character sheet displays correctly) so the contents of the dropdown and the error message are irritations rather than show-stopping bugs.
TopCat is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I created a character with only Commoner levels (it could be any class that doesn't get all simple and martial weapon proficiencies but Commoner works as well as any for this example. On the feats tab, there's a dropdown to select a single simple weapon proficiency. The dropdown contains all sorts of things (it looks like a list of weapons, attacks, spells, special abilities and more). If you then pick Martial Weapon Proficiency as a feat, you get a similarly cluttered dropdown.

Secondly, when you pick a weapon from either the simple or martial weapon proficiency dropdowns, you get a dialog box that says "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Everything seems to work as expected after that (when you give the character a weapon, the weapons you've picked show as proficient and the character sheet displays correctly) so the contents of the dropdown and the error message are irritations rather than show-stopping bugs.
I just tested this, and can't duplicate it - the simple and martial weapon proficiencies display the correct list of weapons. The problem is, that I can't think of anything that could create this problem on your system and not on mine. Both of those feats use the standard restriction mechanisms, and there's not supposed to be a way that user-added content could affect that.

Are any other things with selectors affected? Weapon focus or skill focus for example? Does it still exist after restarting Hero Lab?

If the expression that tells Hero Lab what things to display in a menu is not correctly formatted (the syntax error), it will show everything in that menu, and then report the error - which is what you're seeing. The expression is generated internally though.
Mathias is online now   #32 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old March 31st, 2010, 02:58 PM
OK, I've done some testing and you're right that a new character worked fine. Then I changed the race to half-orc (which is the race of the character I spotted the problem with). Bingo. The simple weapon proficiency dropdown which had previously only contained simple weapons now contained all sorts of stuff. I tried it with all 7 standard PC races and I only saw the problem with half-orcs and half-elves.
TopCat is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
OK, I've done some testing and you're right that a new character worked fine. Then I changed the race to half-orc (which is the race of the character I spotted the problem with). Bingo. The simple weapon proficiency dropdown which had previously only contained simple weapons now contained all sorts of stuff. I tried it with all 7 standard PC races and I only saw the problem with half-orcs and half-elves.
Found it. This will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting it.
Mathias is online now   #34 Reply With Quote
goku60018

Send a message via AIM to goku60018

Old April 1st, 2010, 07:49 AM
when is the next update gonna be
goku60018 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonal View Post
The spells Alter Self, Antilife Shell, Antiplant Shell had their durations reduced to 1min/level in Pathfinder. They're currently listed with the old 10min/level.

Thanks.
Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku60018 View Post
when is the next update gonna be
I'm afraid this is still up in the air right now. Rob and Colen are out of town today (April 1st), so I'll be able to discuss schedules with them when they get back, and decide whether we'll be publishing a bug fix update before the Bestiary update (that one's still a few weeks away).
Mathias is online now   #37 Reply With Quote
Haligon

Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Not a major issue, but I noted two things about the Magical Knack trait.

1 - It only allows you to select a class you *already have*. I find nothing in the trait that would indicate such a restriction (A lvl 1 Fighter might take such a trait for Wizard, and then pick up Wizard as a class later on)

2 - (I may be misinterpreting rules on this one) Hero Lab will not let me take the Magical Knack trait twice (for two different classes). I don't see any rules reason that someone couldn't have a Magical Knack as both a Cleric and a Sorcerer...(I got around this by adding a duplicate of the trait, calling it '2nd Magical Knack' )
Haligon is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligon View Post
2 - (I may be misinterpreting rules on this one) Hero Lab will not let me take the Magical Knack trait twice (for two different classes). I don't see any rules reason that someone couldn't have a Magical Knack as both a Cleric and a Sorcerer...(I got around this by adding a duplicate of the trait, calling it '2nd Magical Knack' )
Actually their is and its on page 3 of the Trait Document under "Restrictions on Trait Selection". You can only take one trait from each trait type. So for example only one magical trait, one campaign trait, or any combination that allows only one type of each trait.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
The Armor Expert trait (thingid trArmorExp) is correctly lowering the ACP on armor and shields, but the actual value being applied to the skills does not include the lowered ACP. So for example it shows only -2 ACP on the armor, but it still removes -3 from the actual skills.

Also it appears the trait is lowering the ACP of shields and going by the wording I think it should only lower armor values not shields also.

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote