Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Pollution

Old September 30th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Is it reasonably possible to do a Hunter the Vigil mod for HL right now?

I know we have some (awesome) Slasher mods, and Second Sight stuff, as well as God Machine getting going, but Hunter's ALMOST standard WoD, just a few differences here and there which are giving me a headache.

For example, Professions. GREAT system in Hunter for making a mortal ever so slightly better at some skills. I cannot figure out how one would add these via the editor (and I've spend more than my fair share of time in the editor).

Anyone?
Pollution is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old September 30th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Okay, so with a little dickering around, I figured out how to make Professions KIND of work.

I just added a new merit that was Profession with a fill in option that when taken gives you an extra specialty in a skill... I made the Merit free, so as not to bork up anything else with the chargen.

I run into issues though when it comes to which skill it can be.

My original idea was a free merit that adds a specialty to one of the profession skills allowed (and making profession a dropdown type selection that you would chose the profession from a list). The issue I'm getting is that while i can add an extra specialty, I can't figure out how to limit it to a specific skill.

So right now I'm just having it as a free merit with an extra spec added, but if anyone can help me figure out the logic behind making it limited to certain skills, that would be an amazing help.

Also, need to put in logic so that it's limited to Mortals only...but one step at a time.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Is it reasonably possible to do a Hunter the Vigil mod for HL right now?

I know we have some (awesome) Slasher mods, and Second Sight stuff, as well as God Machine getting going, but Hunter's ALMOST standard WoD, just a few differences here and there which are giving me a headache.

For example, Professions. GREAT system in Hunter for making a mortal ever so slightly better at some skills. I cannot figure out how one would add these via the editor (and I've spend more than my fair share of time in the editor).

Anyone?
Without source code access the answer is No. The templates are Hard Coded into the data files, meaning we can't add new ones or create a new game system as a result of how they're coded. You can't add Mages, Werewolves, Prometheans, or Geist currently. There would be no way to make professions without modifying the existing source code.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 1st, 2014, 05:05 AM
yuck, I knew it was all borked in that way, but even little changes to a single template SHOULD be doable....

I wonder just how ugly rebuilding the system in the editor would be, like recreating it....

probably beyond what I'm willing to do, no question.
Pollution is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
yuck, I knew it was all borked in that way, but even little changes to a single template SHOULD be doable....

I wonder just how ugly rebuilding the system in the editor would be, like recreating it....

probably beyond what I'm willing to do, no question.
To be honest, I already started rebuilding it for Exalted a year ago. Our problem is that we can't do anything to do the existing templates, which is where we'd need to bootstrap things relevant to hunters. I barked up this tree a bit because I want to add Slasher in, but I'd need source code access for that to happen since it's NOT a Hunter book (It was planned to be a Hunter add on but they ultimately decided to go core WoD with it). I'm still trying to at least get them to let me add in core WoD file material since the license may actually cover it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote