Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I've added MagicSN's themes to my site. I broke them out individually so each theme is a separate file now.
cryptoknight is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old December 10th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne Pfister View Post
I wonder how hard it would be to split Attack Bonus into Attack Bonus Heroic, Attack Bonus Paragon, Attack Bonus Epic. And likewise for Weapon Damage and Base Damage Dice. Then have a calculation that uses the right values based on the tier, defaulting to the Heroic values if nothing is specified for Paragon and Epic The heroic values would go in identical tags fields as the current system does. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard, and seems like a better solution as there are a lot of powers that vary by level. Biggest done side would be forking even more of the 4e game system code unless I could get them to integrate it.

I figured out how to get at the level by looking at Astral Resistance from the Deva
Quote:
bonus = 5 + round(hero.tagvalue[Level.?] / 2, 0, -1)
So a little if/then/else logic and the scaling bonus by level won't be hard. Any idea how to get at the attack bonus?

The field would be pwAtkMod
cryptoknight is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Is it my Black Hearted Knave, or did MagicSN do one too? It could be one of his files is conflicting with one of mine (though I have most of his stuff and mine all mixed in the same folder with no problems).

Odd.
I didnt Do Black hearted knave tomorrow coming back fRom holidays btw just
quick reply using my kindle fire from the hotel room
MagicSN is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
I think that's fine... I wish MagicSN would upload his themes to my site too... just so we had a single repository for them.
not sure if you saw the mail i Sent i am in holidays right now will be back tomorrow
MagicSN is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Another question... Moteborn has this as a starting feature

Add Primordial to the languages you can read, write, and speak. If you already know Primordial, you instead learn Abyssal, Dwarven, or Giant.

This seems a bit hard.. I would guess I should bootstrap Primordial onto the character and add a conditional expression if you don't have Primordial (somehow) then add it. A second boostrap if you have it, add the Linguist feat and filter it to Abyssal, Dwarven, and Giant?

But if I were to do this... wouldn't the second boostrap trigger if the first one triggers and sticks Primordial on the character already?
cryptoknight is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Another question... Moteborn has this as a starting feature

Add Primordial to the languages you can read, write, and speak. If you already know Primordial, you instead learn Abyssal, Dwarven, or Giant.

This seems a bit hard.. I would guess I should bootstrap Primordial onto the character and add a conditional expression if you don't have Primordial (somehow) then add it. A second boostrap if you have it, add the Linguist feat and filter it to Abyssal, Dwarven, and Giant?

But if I were to do this... wouldn't the second boostrap trigger if the first one triggers and sticks Primordial on the character already?
There is a similar issue to Sorcere Adept ("If you already have this feat, you can instead add two rituals of your level or lower to your ritual book at no cost."), so if you find a solution to this problem you can look at this one as well? (Up to now I just ignored the "if you already have ..." part).

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 16th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Anyone knows of a way to specify "Melee or Ranged Weapon"? For the Windlord's Theme Attack I currently just used "Melee Weapon" and added a note "Can also be used with a ranged weapon", but this will of course calculate the attack wrongly for ranged weapon. I tried to add a "RangedWep" Tag additionally to the MeleeWep Tag, but then it would not use the Weapon for either Melee Weapon or Ranged Weapon.
MagicSN is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old December 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Ok I've figured out how to calculate the incrementing +2 bonus that some powers have based on level.

Code:
var levelbonus as number
levelbonus = 2*(1 + round(hero.tagvalue[Level.?]/10,0,-1))
But I can't seem to assign it to the field pwAtkMod

I'd think it would be

fields.pwAtkMod=levelbonus

but that isn't it.
cryptoknight is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old December 20th, 2012, 10:57 AM
And another problem I'm seeing.

Renegade Red Wizard
Quote:
Renegade Red Wizard Level 4 Feature (4th level): You do not gain the Apprentice Mage feature normally gained by a mage at 4th level. Instead, when one of your arcane attack powers causes an effect that a save can end, the target takes a -2 penalty to its first saving throw against that effect.
Renegade Red Wizard Level 5 Feature (5th level): Once per day at the end of a short rest, you can exchange one prepared power for another from your spellbook. The new power you prepare must be from the school you chose for your Apprentice Mage feature at 1st level.
Renegade Red Wizard Level 8 Feature (8th level): You do not gain the Expert Mage feature normally gained by a mage at 8th level. Instead, you gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks and Intimidate checks.
I can honestly say I don't have a clue how to handle something like this.... I hope Daphne can take a look at this one.
cryptoknight is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
And another problem I'm seeing.

Renegade Red Wizard

I can honestly say I don't have a clue how to handle something like this.... I hope Daphne can take a look at this one.
What about just doing a "Renegade Red Wizard Class" which is a modified Mage class?
MagicSN is offline   #90 Reply With Quote