Old November 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hello!

Attached you find my versions of the Themes

Wizard's Apprentice
Guardian

for your Solution to the Theme Issue.

MagicSN
Attached Files
File Type: email WizzApp.user (4.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: email Guardian.user (5.5 KB, 4 views)
MagicSN is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Hello!

Attached you find my versions of the Themes

Wizard's Apprentice
Guardian

for your Solution to the Theme Issue.

MagicSN
Okay for color orb if you wish it to appear in the class encounter power's list change the following. It is appearing in the other power list without this change, at least for me. ( Wasn't sure if that is what your were asking. )

Level Requirement -> -None- ( This is not a pickable power does not need a level. )
Power Class -> -None- ( No need to have Theme here that was left over from the earlier version of my theme support, having a Power Theme set to the right theme is enough. )
Power Type -> Encounter Power ( Will cause the power to show up in the class tab )
Power Use -> -None- ( Not required when Encounter Power is selected for Type )
Daphne Pfister is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 17th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne Pfister View Post
Okay for color orb if you wish it to appear in the class encounter power's list change the following. It is appearing in the other power list without this change, at least for me. ( Wasn't sure if that is what your were asking. )

Level Requirement -> -None- ( This is not a pickable power does not need a level. )
Power Class -> -None- ( No need to have Theme here that was left over from the earlier version of my theme support, having a Power Theme set to the right theme is enough. )
Power Type -> Encounter Power ( Will cause the power to show up in the class tab )
Power Use -> -None- ( Not required when Encounter Power is selected for Type )
Thanks a lot. Should I do this with the "optional" powers too or will they then not be choosable?

BTW, one other issue, while not related to Themes, which I still have with Hero Lab, is there maybe something possible to do with the Editor ? The problem I have is that for a Wizard I cannot choose CanTrips, is something by using the Editor to "work around" these issues possible? Maybe write a user file for a class similar to Wizard with only the CanTrips being different?

Thanks.

Last edited by MagicSN; November 17th, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
MagicSN is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 17th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Thanks a lot. Should I do this with the "optional" powers too or will they then not be choosable?
Only for the bootstrapped powers and only if you want them to show up in the class tab.

Quote:
First problem is that the dmg bonus for Elemental Empowerment is calculated wrong (it includes Level/2, which it shouldn't),
Change the eval script that calculates the bonus from attrBonus to attrBnBase, so the line that uses it looks like:
Code:
bonus = hero.child[attrStr].field[attrBnBase].value
or using the script macro
Code:
bonus = #attrbasebonus[attrStr]

Quote:
second problem I have is that for a Wizard I cannot choose CanTrips, is something by using the Editor to "work around" these issues possible?
Looks like it is not considering Wizard Suggestion and is instead hardcoded to the original 4 cantrips at least for Arcanist (Wizard). Mage (Wizard) has code to pick 3 cantrips, but again only considers the original 4 cantrips. You could copy the Arcanist class. Then in the editor select Counts As and make sure that Arcanist is selected. Go into bootstraps and for pWizGhoSou, pWizLight, pWizMagHan, pWizPresti and a tag "User.FeatureChk". Add pWizSugges as an additional bootstrap also with added User.FeatureChk tag. Finally add an Eval Rule for phase Validation. You can copy the "Too Many Cantrips" one from Mage (Wizard) but change the "3"s to "4"s

Last edited by Daphne Pfister; November 17th, 2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: typo
Daphne Pfister is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Only for the bootstrapped powers and only if you want them to show up in the class tab.
Ok.

Quote:
Change the eval script that calculates the bonus from attrBonus to attrBnBase, so the line that uses it looks like:
Code:
bonus = hero.child[attrStr].field[attrBnBase].value
or using the script macro
Code:
bonus = #attrbasebonus[attrStr]
Can I actually change feats which are part of the "system"? I thought they are only read-only (currently I just included a feat "Elemental Empowerment II" which calculates correctly, but fixing it in the included feat would of course be better.

Quote:
Looks like it is not considering Wizard Suggestion and is instead hardcoded to
the original 4 cantrips at least for Arcanist (Wizard). Mage (Wizard) has code
Hmmm, the tool on DDI lets me choose cantrips even for the Arcanist. And even Hero labs writes in the description about "choosing".

Quote:
to pick 3 cantrips, but again only considers the original 4 cantrips. You could copy the Arcanist class. Then in the editor select Counts As and make sure that Arcanist is selected. Go into bootstraps and for pWizGhoSou, pWizLight, pWizMagHan, pWizPresti and a tag "User.FeatureChk". Add pWizSugges as an additional bootstrap also with added User.FeatureChk tag. Finally add an Eval Rule for phase Validation. You can copy the "Too Many Cantrips" one from Mage (Wizard) but change the "3"s to "4"s
Ok. Thanks a lot! Though again I had to include this as "Arcanist II". Any way that I can replace the original Arcanist implementation?

BTW: I now found out how to add the skill features for the Wizard Apprentice and Guardian Themes and added them, as well as to the changes you suggested on the Starting Feature Power, new version attached. Is there also a way to add the "extra language" for the Level 10 Feature of the Wizard's Apprentice? And, as I am currently editing the Fey Beast Trainer, how about a list of options to choose, is this possible with some script? Thanks again!

Last edited by MagicSN; November 17th, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
MagicSN is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Updated Wizard's Apprentice and Guardian as mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: email WizzApp.user (4.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: email Guardian.user (5.5 KB, 0 views)
MagicSN is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Can I actually change feats which are part of the "system"? I thought they are only read-only (currently I just included a feat "Elemental Empowerment II" which calculates correctly, but fixing it in the included feat would of course be better.
You can edit ddi_feats.dat in a text editor if you wish to change it. If you want it to stay even after you run the ddidownloader you will need to edit the copy in the ddidownloader directory. Note that the next time Wolflair puts out an update to the 4e game system files that directory will get overwritten. So your approach of just making a new feat is probably better.

Quote:
Hmmm, the tool on DDI lets me choose cantrips even for the Arcanist. And even Hero labs writes in the description about "choosing".
The text in the description is actually directly copied from DDI by the ddidownloader. And picks description changes from rules updates from there even if not yet coded into Hero Lab.

Quote:
Which file is it the class is in? And how can I actually modify something which is not a user modification?
Classes are in ddi_classes.dat, but the best approach is probably to copy the class using the New (Copy) button.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
No problem.

Quote:
Is there also a way to add the "extra language" for the Level 10 Feature of the Wizard's Apprentice?
Take a look at how ftLinguist ( the Linguist feat works ), you will want to add a eval script to the Traits phase with:
Code:
#resmax[resLangExt] += 1
Looks like based on ftLinguist you will need to add a before "Calc resLeft" in the Timing section.

Quote:
And, as I am currently editing the Fey Beast Trainer, how about a list of options to choose, is this possible with some script? Thanks again!
You can use the selection list 1 which allows a text item list , or you can use a tag expression to have a choice of things.

( I have a git repository of all my changes which makes it easy for me to reapply them after an upgrade which is why I don't worry as much about modifying the ddi_*.dat files myself. But it does mean I need to rebase my changes after every 4E update. )
Daphne Pfister is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Take a look at how ftLinguist ( the Linguist feat works ), you will want to add a eval script to the Traits phase with:
Code:
#resmax[resLangExt] += 1
Looks like based on ftLinguist you will need to add a before "Calc resLeft" in the Timing section.
Okay, I attached a new (now final ^^) version.

Quote:
You can use the selection list 1 which allows a text item list , or you can use a tag expression to have a choice of things.
What is this selection list 1? Do you have any example for either of the two methods?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: email WizzApp.user (4.8 KB, 2 views)
MagicSN is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
What is this selection list 1? Do you have any example for either of the two methods?
There are several examples in the game.
And example of a tag expression is Dragon Magic ( Thing id: fSorDraMag ) which can be found in Build options. The tag expression picks from several different types of resistances.
Code:
thingid.rsAcid | thingid.rsCold | thingid.rsFire | thingid.rsLightn | thingid.rsPoison | thingid.rsThunder
To keep things simple Cosmic Magic ( Thing id: fSorCosMag ) another Sorcerer Spell Source which can also be found in Build options uses a array.

Theme features also support both types of selection lists. For theme features that need two list you use Selection List 2 to add a second Tag Expression or pick from a predefined list using the "Select From..." choice in the editor.

My original version of the Harper theme used to use a list to select which powers should be available from the harper pin, but I went to something more like the cantrip choice for the current sample version.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Attached: Fey Beast Trainer Theme (I had to cut the text "Fey Beast Starting Feature" short else it overlapped with the selection box). Also you need to make the application sized big to read the whole text.
Attached Files
File Type: email FeyTrainer.user (5.3 KB, 1 views)
MagicSN is offline   #40 Reply With Quote