Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Does this still work? I really want to get themes on my characters, but I'm unsure if this will do what I need. I don't relish the though of having to hand create the themes even after using this patch, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
cryptoknight is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
The 3.15 patch still work against 3.16 as none of the patched files have changed in 3.16. At one point I thought about doing a tweak to ddidownloader to get it to export the themes but since I'm not currently playing a 4e game haven't really had the itch to do so.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Other than an occasional LFR game I also don't have a regular 4e game, but recently I sat down at a con, and realized that themes have gotten interesting enough that hand-coding them in doesn't even bother me.

I wish Wolflair would just incorporate your patch, even if I have to type them all in by hand, it would at least get them in there

Thanks!
cryptoknight is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hmmm having trouble with something like the Black-Hearted Knave.

It's level 1 trait is a bonus attack power (highest stat vs AC), triggered by shoving one of his friends at his intended enemy.

So I made the power and left the attack stat as none, and checked the boxes to have the physical or mental attribute selected, but while the validation says I must select an attribute, I can't find anywhere to do so.

Any tips?
cryptoknight is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Still struggling here.

I'm not sure if there's a panel missing to make selections based on the theme, or if I'm doing this wrong. Can you take a look?

Dude is a swordmage who multiclassed to wizard and took the Blackstaff Apprentice theme.

At level 5 it should give him access to 3 cantrips of his choice, I used the code from the Mage class (who also gets 3 picks out of 4 cantrips), and the validator says he needs to select, but I don't see a spot to select them. Did I miss something, or does the tweak need tweaking?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: email dude.por (48.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: email Themes.user (39.6 KB, 5 views)
cryptoknight is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'll take a look, I noticed that you included Harper in your file, you might want to check my last post on the previous page where I had the full implementation of Harper just needing the description text pasted in. It includes updating the pin giving the blessing choices.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I'm looking at your harper... but I don't understand how you got the pick lists to show up for the powers
cryptoknight is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I set usrCandid1: component.Power & PowerLink.HarperPin1

This caused as choice of all the things that were of component.Power that had tag PowerLink.HarpenPin1 assigned.

Then I had a script that assigned the tag Helper.ChosenOpt to the chosen thing.

Though I think I like the way Mage cantrips work. Let me see if I can get User.FeatureChk working correctly. I think I broke it slightly with my changes, would allow me to work around a small hack I had to put into my patch.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Yah I can see how that wouldn't work anyway... I'd need to have all 4 powers show up with check boxes, similar to the class feature... :/
cryptoknight is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Okay I updated my patch so it supports the stuff necessary for such a feature. Check the first post for the updated files. Let me know if the stuff works for you. The sample Harper agent ( again sans description / flavor text ) has been updated to use FeatureChk so should be a good sample of how this works.

I've only done minimal testing and removed a bunch of other unrelated customizations I have, so hopefully didn't break anything in the process. I did leave some fixes in for character sheets, including one related to User.FeatureChk powers which would get printed on page two even if the feature wasn't checked.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #20 Reply With Quote