Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Phrll

Old August 12th, 2019, 04:16 AM
I've purchased several HLC games/datasets - Pathfinder 1, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, Savage Worlds (via the Authoring Kit). Will the $25 transfer fee cover all of these or do I have to pay $25 for each game?
Phrll is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2019, 04:37 AM
The plan is to offer a migration of all your content over to Hero Lab Online. Migration will incur a nominal, flat charge, to set up your account with the appropriate content, which we anticipate will be less than $20 dollars. This amount will be the same, regardless of how many game systems and add-ons you own. It will also include 6 months of server access ($14.99 value) as a thank you for supporting us in the past.
Lj Stephens is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
cyderak

Old August 25th, 2019, 06:15 AM
So when is this happening?

Good.......Bad......I'm the guy with the Gun.
cyderak is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 25th, 2019, 02:12 PM
@LJ: Migration has been promised for a long time.... is there a roadmap, ETA, or any idea at all about when some of these promises will be fulfilled?
This year, next year, or sometime in the next decade? HL users would appreciate a realistic look forward, not a "we should have it by X quarter" that passes without comment.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
cyderak

Old August 29th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
@LJ: Migration has been promised for a long time.... is there a roadmap, ETA, or any idea at all about when some of these promises will be fulfilled?
This year, next year, or sometime in the next decade? HL users would appreciate a realistic look forward, not a "we should have it by X quarter" that passes without comment.
Agreed!

cyderak is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Hello all, this is going to happen just as soon as we can work out the logistical issues. This may take a very long time, or it might be a shorter job than we think. It's just not possible to put a specific date, or even quarter, on this. Sorry for the frustration. We're working as hard as we can. Thank you for being patient.
Lj Stephens is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 29th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Thanks LJ... I asked because LW had already announced (in this thread) that we would have Pathfinder 1 for HLO by second quarter 2019.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
cyderak

Old September 8th, 2019, 05:22 AM
So if you can't put a solid release date on Pathfinder 1st edition for Hero Lab online, then can you give us a % of how complete the 1st edition transfer is?

cyderak is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 8th, 2019, 08:04 AM
This is me just guessing, but I can't imagine that LW would completely rework all the material from Classic from scratch, but rather use the original work and have the Online version adapt it. If they have to convert all the data without some sort of conversion, PF1 is never getting done.
thaX is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
cyderak

Old September 11th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
This is me just guessing, but I can't imagine that LW would completely rework all the material from Classic from scratch, but rather use the original work and have the Online version adapt it. If they have to convert all the data without some sort of conversion, PF1 is never getting done.
With the base programming for Pathfinder 2.0 already done, how difficult would it be to tweak it to work with Pathfinder 1.0?

cyderak is offline   #60 Reply With Quote