Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dami

Old March 16th, 2018, 04:23 PM
LOL. Dreamscarred Press has five versions of this book available now! I have to get the other four...
> Ultimate Psioncis, Ultimate Psinoics, Ultimate Psinonics, Ultimate Psionics, & Utimate Psionics.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; March 16th, 2018 at 04:25 PM.
Dami is offline   #1531 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 16th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
LOL. Dreamscarred Press has five versions of this book available now! I have to get the other four...
> Ultimate Psioncis, Ultimate Psinoics, Ultimate Psinonics, Ultimate Psionics, & Utimate Psionics.
Hey now... No picking on my really bad spelling!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1532 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 16th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryligg View Post
Hey Shadow, long time user, first time caller. I've been using this package heavily with a Grammaton Cryptic character from Ultimate Psionics I'm playing and I've noticed two validation errors.

The first is the Cryptic Insight "Binding Pattern" turns red and says "Cryptic level 4 or greater is required for this insight." I'm still red at Cryptic level six and my growth-planning portfolio is also red all the way at Cryptic 10. The character is multiclassed, but still throws the validation error as a single-classed character.

The second is when I pick my free deed from Insightful Deed at 6th level, if I pick the deeds Deadeye, Gunslinger Dodge, Gunslinger Initiative, or Pistol Whip, I get a validation error saying "You already have the _______ ability - this would be redundant." even though I do not. Quick Clear, which I picked with Amateur Gunslinger, is correctly grayed out, Utility Shot does not give the error, and Gunslinger Initiative also lists Deadeye as the ability I supposedly already have when throwing the error. Even though there is a validation error, Gunslinger Initiative still modifies my stats as it should.

In both cases the character works fine, but my brain can't ignore red text. Low priority fix, at least for me.
I will take a look. To make this easier can you email the .por files to me please. Email is my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1533 Reply With Quote
bearjew

Old March 25th, 2018, 09:39 PM
I downloaded the Crypt of the Everflame module from d20pfsrd and I made sure to download the Pathfinder Pack following the instructions in that community server setup pdf. When I try to open any of the character files like the Shadow, Kassen's Golem, or the Frogs, etc., I get errors like "Pick 'rGianFrog' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '441'" and that there were problems during load: 'Bestiary'. For Kassen's Golem it says there was critical info not found. Is this something can be fixed in the editor? Or is it because I don't have the appropriate add ons through HL? Thanks!
bearjew is offline   #1534 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 26th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearjew View Post
I downloaded the Crypt of the Everflame module from d20pfsrd...
Do you have the Bestiary Packages that the creatures from the module appear in?
This thread (though old) might help: Issue with Crypt of the Everflame.
This page may be relevant also.
Otherwise ShadowChemosh may be able to offer suggestions.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1535 Reply With Quote
bearjew

Old March 26th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
This thread (though old) might help: Issue with Crypt of the Everflame.
Ah that link might help! I'll check it out when I get home, that seems like the same problem I'm having. I don't have any of the other Bestiary Packages from HL other than the one that comes with the standard download of the program. Or do you mean the community bestiary pack? It was my understanding that that is now included in the Pathfinder Pack updates. First, I'll try to follow what the folks said in the thread you linked. Thanks so much!
bearjew is offline   #1536 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 26th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearjew View Post
Ah that link might help! I'll check it out when I get home, that seems like the same problem I'm having. I don't have any of the other Bestiary Packages from HL other than the one that comes with the standard download of the program. Or do you mean the community bestiary pack? It was my understanding that that is now included in the Pathfinder Pack updates. First, I'll try to follow what the folks said in the thread you linked. Thanks so much!
The way the community stuff works for Modules and AP is different than how it works for Classes, Feats and Spells.

Lets use Rise of the Runelords as an example which has lots of goblins in the first adventure. Goblins are stated up in Bestiary 1 an official Paizo book. The community did not re-create the Goblins race in the community Pack. We did create the encounters which included making goblins into bards and equipping specific weapons. But to use the encounter .por files we created you need Bestiary 1.

If a module/AP has a specific or unique monster than yes we did create it in the community Pack and you do not require any official licnese for these unique monsters. But you still will need the official license if a monster comes from outside the module/AP to make use of it fully in the HL.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1537 Reply With Quote
bearjew

Old March 26th, 2018, 06:16 PM
I think that makes sense. I followed the instructions in the thread for Kassen's golem and it worked, however for the rest it still gives me that error message. I think its because of what you said regarding needing the official license since it seems as though the rest of the monsters come from outside of the module. Thanks for the help!
bearjew is offline   #1538 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 28th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Noting a bug for the Aegis. Thing cPUCanniSu is not picking up the customization numbers from field[abValue3]. As the timing is set at Post level 10000 and cPUAegHelp is posting at Post-level 12000.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1539 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 28th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Edit: Ignore this post, I wasn't paying attention.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; March 28th, 2018 at 10:57 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1540 Reply With Quote