Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Greylin

Old May 21st, 2017, 04:59 AM
Hi all, I am trying to code the below feat for our new pirate-themed campaign (Arrr....!)

--snip--
A Life At Sea: You receive a +2 bonus to any two of the following skills: Craft (sails), Craft (ships), Knowledge (nature), Profession (navigator), or Profession (sailor). If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +3 for that skill.
--snip--

As a quick and dirty, I think I can figure out how to add +4 skill points which the player can allocate as they like - that will at least get us to something that is good enough for the first session.

But I have no idea how to even go into a feat that adds extra points to one of a number of skills. Unless I coded different variants of the feat for different skill combinations, though that seems a clunky workaround.

Any suggestions?
Greylin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 22nd, 2017, 04:02 AM
Yes. Feats can use choosers, but they only get one. In this case, you'll need to create a second feat with the Helper.Helper tag and bootstrap it to the first one. This will give you two feats (the second does not count against your total) that allow you to choose one the feats listed above. You will need to create a custom expression to limit the options. Something like:

Code:
component.BaseFeat & (thingid.kKnowNat | thingid.kProfSail | thingid.??)
You'll need to add the thingid's for your custom skills.

From here, you can create a script that adds your bonus to the selected skill. Something like this:

Code:
if (field[fChosen].chosen.field[kUserRanks].value >= 10) then
   field[fChosen].chosen.field[Bonus].value += 3
else
   field[fChosen].chosen.field[Bonus].value += 2
endif
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Greylin

Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:01 PM
Thank you!
Greylin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote