Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old November 20th, 2015, 05:43 AM
For those of you having issues with data files, still, here are some of the ways to fix the issues.

First off a common issue now is that if you have any Edges that have a bootstrap for a weapon those need to be changed to a different "Component Set'.

EDIT: Also for Edges that previously worked but are not giving timing errors (usually having to do with the use of Natural Weapons or Natural Armor, it seems) changing those with the below process also seems to fix the problem.

Probably the easiest way to fix that is not through the Editor but to use a text editor or, even better, an XML editor like Notepad++. Search the file that's giving you the errors for the following:

<bootstrap thing="wp

Then look up sever lines for one that starts with:

<thing id=

Look through that line for something that says "compset" and it is says:

compset="Edge"

Change it to read:

compset="EdgeWep"

Many of these will actually be things like compset="Vehicle" or RacialAbility or the like, don't worry about those as they'll be fine, just look for the ones with "Edge" in them.

Several files also now have some oddball timing issues in them. There are a couple of files you can fix fairly easily by doing the following:

For WideningGyre: On Vehicle tab for mars select the vehicle "Beauregard Walking Gun Platform", click on Containerreq and remove the part of the Tag Expression that says "source.OrigVeh & " leaving source.TimeModern should be fine. Then do the same of the vehicle "Imperiatrix Armored Airship"

On Edges go to "Tough hide", click Eval Scripts and change the Priority from 5000 to 2000.

Torg:
Edge, Rocket Ranger, Bootstrap, remove the boostrap for armToRRBat

Deadlands: Reloaded: Had to remove the boostrap on the Captain edge for adding a Maze Runner. (This will probably fix the problem if you are using either my file or dartnets"

For those bootstraps you'll just need to remember to manually add those things in, so, for example, with the Captain Edge in Deadlands: Reloaded you'll just have to remember to manually add a free Maze Runner to the sheet since the bootstrap seems to give some oddball timing errors.

EDIT: Those are all Edges so moving them to be EdgeWep compsets may also fix those issues while still allowing for the Bootstraps on them.

I'll be updating my unofficial DLR file shortly so you should be able to get a working version from the same location I previously sent to you by this evening (well, evening my time so evening if you are in the States, anyway.) (EDIT: that file was updated for anyone who hadn't realized it yet, so feel free to redownload.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; November 24th, 2015 at 09:12 AM.
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 23rd, 2015, 06:54 AM
Maybe you can enlighten me what I'm needing to do here.

I have several edges that are giving an error like this one:

Thing 'edgArmSkin', with condition test currently set at Initialize/10000 and its earliest possible resolution at Initialize/2100 bootstraps thing 'armNatural' which must have its livestate resolved by Initialize/2000

Do I fix that by messing with Priority in some fashion, or...?
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
Ah, I've been seeing that same thing with dartnet's Mars and Accursed files. Something changed in timing and I have absolutely no idea at all how to fix that. Although MAYBE moving them to be compset="EdgeWep" will give some leeway on the timing problems? That's basically a question I have no answer for, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:22 PM
I'm going to try doing a reentry on one of those and see what happens when I get time. One of the three does have a weapon bootstrap, but the others are using, Natural Armor as I recall, and it seems weird to have to put that in EdgWep.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:38 PM
I just tried it as recommended by Zarlor. It works even though it is not a weapon. It works for natural armor, too.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
Remember to set its value in an eval script. This script sets it to 2. The edge still needs a bootstrap for armNatural

Initialization
Priority 100
Code:
~set the defensive value for the armor
      perform hero.child[armNatural].setfocus
      focus.field[defDefense].value = 2
You can do a whole lot with Hero Lab by just trying things out. That is how I have figured out many of its inner workings. Press "Test Now" and see if it worked, and if it did, then add it to a character and see.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:21 PM
Yes, if you run into that timing issue on an Edge, change its component to EdgeWep. It stops that timing loop.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 24th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Ah, so its not just Weapons. Noted.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 24th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Yep, that seems to have fixed at least the load failures.
Paragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 24th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Yes, after I tested it I added my test edge to a character and it worked. Having no errors is one thing, but actually working is another. It did indeed work as I expected it to.

SeeleyOne is offline   #10 Reply With Quote