Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Data files for Pirates of the Spanish Main and 50 Fathoms have been released. You can get them when starting Hero Lab by clicking on the Find Updates button and you should see these two new "Savage Settings:" files now available.

As usual if anyone finds any problems, or typos or whatever in these please let me know and I'll be happy to get them fixed up!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; February 28th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:26 AM
LOL, Zarlor it's says they have not been released, but you can find them in the update. Long week for you.
peace out and thanks for your work buddy.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I have no idea what you'e talking about.

(Meaning, of course, that I fixed my sentence above so you'll think you've gone crazy when now that I deleted the word "not"! Muuuahahahaha! Oh wait, now that I've told you it's not going to make you crazy... drat!)

BTW, data files for Weird War II, Evernight and Necessary Evil are all in the pipeline so expect to see some of those getting released in the near future as well.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; February 28th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Savage World Data Guru. I bow my head to you sir.
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I was wondering zarlor - is Savage Worlds your main RPG. You are doing a lot for it.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Pretty much. My group has 4 games going (we play twice a week alternating games every other week) and 2 of those are Savage Worlds based (one generic Fantasy, actually a conversion of 4E D&D characters once we'd finally decided we just hated the system too much to continue playing it) and one Hell on Earth. The other two game are a straight-up 1e ADnD game and another heavily modified 1e ADnD variant.

One of the reasons for wanting all of these data files, though, is partly so we'll have them available if we decide to play any one of them when any given game ends, but the bigger reason is that, especially in the Fantasy game, we like to allow a lot of Edges and Hindrances that are available from a lot of the other settings out there. (And for Hell on Earth we generally like to make available all of those things from the other Deadlands settings). So I take the "official" settings files and add another House Rules (for the Fantasy Game) and Deadlands Inclusive source to them then go through each of the files and add those sources that are appropriate. Kind of a pain since it means when I update official files I also have to remember to update the files for our game, too, but it works.

Add on that I have been a long, long time Pinnacle fan (I was introduced to the original Deadlands rules because one of our GMs back in the '90s was none other than Teller who ran a Hell on Earth game for us and I've been hooked on the game and, subsequently Savage Worlds, ever since) and is it any wonder I don't mind doing these? Overall Savage Worlds is my absolute favorite game system, and I've tried quite a few systems in the probably 30 years or so I've been gaming. (I can hardly believe it's been that long!)

So if I can contribute in some small way to making Savage Worlds even more accessible then I'm happy to help! I'm hoping I can start doing some of the same kinds of things for Realm Works, too. I need to go back to some of the data files and update them to include creatures and maybe even start setting up the NPCs for a setting and maybe even the encounters for something like the Deadlands Noir campaign and plot points. I've backed the Kickstarter for that so I'll be in the Beta, but of course all of the details of the module like that are going to be copyrighted so I won't be able to make any of those publicly available unless or until Lone Wolf and Pinnacle work something out for it like they apparently have done for Hero Lab. Maybe it will be something Pinnacle would want to sell in Realm Works or the like, but I don't mind doing the data entry work for free if it will drum up more Savage Worlders.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM
hey zarlor, I am not seeing these in my update window. I may need to add a new source. Is the source different than Solomon Kane, Rippers and Deadlands:Reloaded?

EDIT: Oh wait...there they are...not where I expected.
tatteredking is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM
weird tatterking, they showed up in mine - this might sound stupid but did you try restarting herolab. I didn't have to add anything, they were just there.
jbearwillis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Ninja'd by tatterking himself, lol
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I noticed that they don't exactly group up or anything so are easy to lose in the mix. I also noticed that Pirates starts with "Savage Setting:" rather than "Savage Settings:" Maybe having the ability to alphabetize or group updates would be something to add to the "Like to see" thread.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote