Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheGM

Old March 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Today I loaded the SavageWorlds update 2.1. Unfortunately it seems that prevents the Hellfrost datafiles from working as I get the following errors.

Any ideas of what to do?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'edgBornBtl' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgCourage' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgDErtha' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgDVar' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgGiantBl' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgKnightH' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgOldFami' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgRoadwar' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'edgSisterM' - Condition test must occur after all component condition tests (Initialize,2100)
TheGM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nostromos

Old March 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
My group is experiencing the same issue with Hellfrost files.
Nostromos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 26th, 2012, 07:54 AM
hmm...let me see here.

Same thing is happening to the RunePunk files...

So before I go and change my file to fix it......I guess we better ask if there is a mistake with the core files...

Last edited by tatteredking; March 26th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
tatteredking is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dolgo

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I have the same with Solomon Kane files and Deadlands Reloaded files.
Dolgo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have the Solomon Kane file and the Hellfrost files fixed. I have a work-around for the Deadlands file but it may require a deeper change to fix the actual issue. PM me your email address and I'll send you the new files.

This is due to a change in the way that Edges are handled. In order to be able to have an Edge on a magic item, and have the bonus from the Edge become ineffective/disabled when the magic item is not equipped we had to apply a containterreq on Edges that checks to see if it's container has been told to disable Edges. This causes some downstream ripples, which for most instances are remedied by altering the timing of the item in question.

King, if you send me your RunePunk file, I'll go through it and see if I can fix the timing. Also, if there are some other conflicts I want to see them first-hand.
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old March 27th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Sure thing CC. PM me your email and I will send you the files I am having issues with...Sundered Skies and RunePunk so far. I don't know about RoC.
tatteredking is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Waste93

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Caped Crusader,

Got the files you sent but still having issues. I imported the files however get the following error. thing 'edgArcSKSo' - Bootstrap thing 'arcSorcery' does not exist.

Got the same error for Solomon Kane, Deadlands, and Hellfrost. The systems then do not show up under User Content.

** Update **

Looks like the issue is coming from the Solomon Kane files. I did a complete uninstall and loaded the files one by one doing an uninstall after each one. The error only occurs after trying to import the Solomon Kane files. When that happens it seems to wipe out access to the others even though they work on their own.

Last edited by Waste93; March 27th, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Update
Waste93 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Yes, I made the mistake of performing the fix in the directory where Fantasy Companion resides, and used one of the Fantasy Companion Sorcery items by mistake. As before PM me, and I'll get you the new version.
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Gobbo

Old March 28th, 2012, 10:22 AM
What about the Sundered Skies files? I can't get them to work either...
Gobbo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
We'll get them all updated.
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote