Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
is there a way to convince HL that you don't have a Data pack that you have in order to be able to check source material. I know my mod was referencing race builder powers. Should I just rebuild all of the powers so this is never a issue?
I think your asking for the ability to disable packages? My bad if I am misreading.

But in that case you can disable a whole package (ie book) like ARG for testing. You go to the "Develop->Choose Supplement Packages". Then you can enable/disable any packages you have access too. This makes testing and working with the community packages SOOO much nicer than what I use to have to do.

@Aaron Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:13 PM
yea that is a lot better then what I am currently doing. Currently I am swapping to my second set of Licences that don't have all the packs, then swapping back depending on what I am doing.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:26 PM
so I have learned how to find a lot of the tags however not sure what the code is to Reference

Product identity for...
and
Sources

So if I wanted to add code that changed or checked the source of a object such as a deity what would I type?
stargazer_dragon is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 30th, 2014, 09:07 PM
actually a better question really is, how do I find the code / tag / whatever you want to call it for stuff like

feats, factions, gender selection.

So if I want to say , check number of current feats, or change current gender on hero or even react to current gender on hero

Of do X if hero has faction Y or If A then hide faction B ect ect ect.

I can find the Specific ID of stuff but still not sure how to reference the category of things like source products special tags or any other of those many boxes that you fill out when you make a object.

So I know to change str it is

hero.child[aSTR].field[aStartMod].value += 0
perform hero.child[aSTR].assign[Helper.CustChosen]

But I only understand a bit of this code, I know that

Hero - referes to the hero it is applied to

.child - points it to a feild within hero in this case
[aSTR] - but not sure where aSTR was located at tag wise - Then
.field - refers to the feild section of aSTR called
[aStartMod] - then
.value - refers to the value within the feild named aStartMod and
+= - means to add to the current amount which is currently
0 - Then
Perform - starts the next line of code, however here is where I don't fully understand what the code is doing. Also like I said very loosly know how to get all that info via developers tab in HL.

Also I noticed that in Hero Lab there is a
Group Name - called Source Volumes and a
Tag Name - of the specific sources enabled, and finally a
Tag Id - referencing the specific sources ID

If pointing something to the Group name then the Tag ID would the code be something like

Source.HouseRules ??
stargazer_dragon is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 31st, 2014, 08:23 AM
First/10000
Code:
~ Find all  Valkyn deities
foreach thing in Deity where "!DeityCat.deiVLK"

~ If no deity category then pull the thingid
  If (eachthing.tagcount[DeityCat.?] = 0) Then
    perform eachthing.pulltags[thingid.?,HideDeity]
  ~ If we have a category then pull the cateogry only
  ~ if we have not already pulled it.
  Else
    If (eachthing.intersect[DeityCat,DeityCat] = 0) then
      perform eachthing.pulltags[DeityCat.?]
    Endif
  Endif  
nexteach

~ Create Hide Deity Catagory tags
perform pulltags[DeityCat.?,HideDeiCat]
~ Push the hide deity tags to the hero
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeiCat.?]
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeity.?]
This worked absolutely perfectly, I added a second cat called deiVLK to everything I wanted to be visible and didn't have to hide any other the other junk cuz this one code hid everything without the special tag. Someday I will have the code down well enough to think of stuff like this myself
stargazer_dragon is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
UndeadDan

Old June 1st, 2014, 12:17 PM
Possible Bug Report

I got this notice when loading a character .por today

UndeadDan is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 03:26 PM
Following the advice in this thread, it was easy to hide categories of Deities that I don't want to appear (thanks!).

I do have some follow-up questions though:
  1. I can easily create a new deity category for the gods of my campaign, but the name of that category never appears in the deity-list when the user is choosing their character's deity. Is there a way to make it appear?
  2. The tooltip for "Deity Category Order Group" tells me how to group deities, but not how to assign names to the groups, so the user can actually see that this group is for "Gods of Ethnicity X". Is there a way to do that?
  3. If I assign a deity to two categories (e.g., the category for my campaign, plus the "Elven Deity" category), it only shows up in the first category. Is there a way to either specify which category it appears in, or have it appear in both?

Thanks!
AncientOne is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 24th, 2014, 11:12 AM
1 - Create a diety with the name of the category (put a space at the beginning, pick the same category and order group as the other deities you want it to sort above) and check the "Show Only" checkbox in the right hand column below the blue buttons. That will mark it as a divider which can't be added itself, and since all other sorting is equal and you started it with a space, it will sort at the top of the group.

2 - You can assign a name to the new "DeityCat" tags you create, but there isn't a way to associate an order group with a certain deity category to pull that name information. I'd recommend you put an Author note in your deities .user file to record what order tag you assigned each category, or if you ever forget then you can make a copy of an existing god of the category and see what order group tag you gave it.

3 - No, unfortunately there is not.
Aaron is offline   #48 Reply With Quote