Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

salcor

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:55 AM
So I am still struggling through making my Savage Bestiary Data file and I am stuck. For the Dendrine race they receive a free d6 in Persuasion. So I looked at the Shaintar data files since a number of those races get a free D6 in a skill. So I bootstrapped the Persuasion skill and then added this eval.

linkage[Skill].field[trtBonus].value += 1
perform #resspent[resSkill,-,1,field[name].text]

When I try to test it, it only adds a d4 to the skill. I appreciate the help.

Salcor

Last edited by salcor; May 7th, 2017 at 05:57 AM. Reason: pic would not display
salcor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 7th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Zarlor discusses this in the first post in the Common Code thread. His syntax is like this:

Code:
foreach pick in hero where "thingid.skPersuasion"
  eachpick.field[trtBonus].value += 1
nexteach
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 7th, 2017, 06:53 AM
What timing did you set it at? I think it should be run at Pre-Traits/5000.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 7th, 2017, 07:44 AM
I think I see what my error id. That's for pointing out the common coding syntax.

Salcor

Last edited by salcor; May 7th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.
salcor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 7th, 2017, 10:49 AM
So, I have a similar question, but don't want to limit to specific skill and want the player to be prompted.
jfrazierjr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 7th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
So, I have a similar question, but don't want to limit to specific skill and want the player to be prompted.
At the time when I asked about this several months ago, there didn't seem to be a way. I just ended up giving the race a couple extra skill points, since, in practice, it does the same thing except in one specific (extremely unusual) case.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 7th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
At the time when I asked about this several months ago, there didn't seem to be a way. I just ended up giving the race a couple extra skill points, since, in practice, it does the same thing except in one specific (extremely unusual) case.
or
Well, that's what was was going to do at the beginning, but was hoping for a way to avoid that one edge case you mentioned.
jfrazierjr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 8th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Honestly, that case is so aberrational (someone who spends literally all their skill points on separate skills so they have nothing but D4's) I just didn't worry about it in the end, as I can't see that as going well for someone anyway.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 8th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Honestly, that case is so aberrational (someone who spends literally all their skill points on separate skills so they have nothing but D4's) I just didn't worry about it in the end, as I can't see that as going well for someone anyway.
Yea, I just added 2 skill points to my humans. I will say, I could see someone(Possibly me!) picking a few extra skills that MIGHT come up just to avoid the penalty)
jfrazierjr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 8th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Sure; in fact, its very much cost-effective to pick up the D4 in anything you think you'll want later at the start. But as long as you start with even a single D6, that extra 2 points still works right, as you could always use the free D6 skill for that one.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote