Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silks

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:30 PM
I can't work out how Karl never got the link to change for his file...
Oh well
Here is a link to the latest download - added some FAQ changes for Beastmen and Bretonians (mainly to see how easy it was to do) and fixed a missing tag.
Warhammer Fantasy 8th.ab
silks is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Brother Bart

Old July 21st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Anything I can do to help? My local gaming group is all over 8th edition right about now...are their any lists that aren't getting love? I play Ogres, Skaven, Vampires, O&G, and Brets...and I do some basic programming (xml, html, css, javascript, php) but have never worked on an Army Builder file before.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Also, will we have to pay to upgrade to version 3.3 when its ready this fall if we already have a license?
Brother Bart is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
mandril_hydana

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I have been following the progress of this one for a while.

Thanks for doing all the work, I wouldn't know how to start.

I have encountered an option error for the Vampire Lord.

When you take an Abyssal Terror as a mount (step 1) and the Dread Knight Vampiric Power Option (step 2) it comes up as a "Vampire Lord Option Error'. You cant do it the other way around; the mounts become un-selectable as options. This was the same in the V6/7 version as well which I believe you have used as a template.

The FAQ/Errata thing says you can take an alternative mount but still pay the full amount of points for both.

Just to make sure also this will also result in -1 Armour Save mod for no longer having a barded mount.

I hope this is the right place for this issue.

Thanks again for doing all this work voluntarily.
mandril_hydana is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Yes this is the right place, I'll log that on the list
silks is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:42 AM
Brother Bart sent you a PM
silks is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Cambion Daystar

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:45 AM
A number of the talismans display a "+5 ward save" instead of a "5+ wardsave". Same for a number of the armours. That notation is correct for the helmets.

Also, when i give the general of the empire an enchanted item combined with the sword of bloodshed it says i have to many enchanted items

Last edited by Cambion Daystar; July 22nd, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Cambion Daystar is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
squirrel_nutcase

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Hi guys. I'd be really grateful if someone could look at dwarfs..they seem to be badly broken in this 8th edition file.

Cheers !
squirrel_nutcase is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Cambion Daystar

Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_nutcase View Post
Hi guys. I'd be really grateful if someone could look at dwarfs..they seem to be badly broken in this 8th edition file.

Cheers !
How about telling us what is wrong with the file, that is more helpful than just saying "it is badly broken"

Last edited by Cambion Daystar; July 22nd, 2010 at 04:59 AM.
Cambion Daystar is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing anything particularly "broken" there; the Anvil's stats are off and the list still says they get 2 extra dispel dice instead of a flat +2 to all dispel attempts but other than that the problems are all common to other armies, like thorgrim taking up Hero points etc.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:00 AM
Hiya,
As has been said if you let me know what's badly broken I'll make an effort to fix it this weekend (am planning a marathon fixing session).
I will be fixing the other stuff then hopefully as well (hero slots, dispell dice e.t.c)
silks is offline   #80 Reply With Quote