Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

gilvagor

Old January 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Broxigar and ChaosLord you both rule. I have much respect for anybody that makes these files. I tried to play around with the Chaos file but sadly it was way above me.

I think everyone that complains about the delay on the new data files should actually take a look at what is involved in each army so they understand why it takes so long.

I look forward to proudly using the Chaos Warriors file if/when it's released for use.
gilvagor is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I have uploaded what I have so far to RAPIDSHARE. If you look at the list in ABCreator it looks cluttered because I'm modifying the current Chaos one, but if you open a Chaos mortal list in army builder you'll see that it works just fine (so far). I haven't had much time to work on it in the last week, the only things done are the core choices and some of the specials. The specials that should be up to date are Chaos Knights, Trolls, Ogres, Chaos Chariot, and I'm currently trying to get the Dragon ogres done. I figured I'd add in the new units after modifying the current ones.
ChaosLord is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
ST4R5CRE4M

Old January 19th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosLord View Post
I have uploaded what I have so far to RAPIDSHARE. If you look at the list in ABCreator it looks cluttered because I'm modifying the current Chaos one, but if you open a Chaos mortal list in army builder you'll see that it works just fine (so far). I haven't had much time to work on it in the last week, the only things done are the core choices and some of the specials. The specials that should be up to date are Chaos Knights, Trolls, Ogres, Chaos Chariot, and I'm currently trying to get the Dragon ogres done. I figured I'd add in the new units after modifying the current ones.
if you wouldnt mind can u please post a link so i can download it and take a look also could someone please send me the file Broxigar uploaded. it reached its max amount it can be downloaded. thanx

Last edited by ST4R5CRE4M; January 19th, 2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: did not want to double post and typos.
ST4R5CRE4M is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Teatime

Old January 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST4R5CRE4M View Post
if you wouldnt mind can u please post a link so i can download it and take a look also could someone please send me the file Broxigar uploaded. it reached its max amount it can be downloaded. thanx
I don't think there's a way to send you a file using the forum, I would need your email address - which I don't suggest you post publicly. I currently have PMs out discussing ways of distributing the files to more people with ChaosLord and Broxigar, but if you just can't wait send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward what I have.
Teatime is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
MantisZero

Old January 20th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hey peoples, i am also willing to help with this project. Ive been having problems registering (trying for about a week now) and it finally let me create an account.

I have checked out the files that i could download from Rapidshare and they look great. The others Brox posted indeed have met the download limit.

I would like to figure out how to get working on this to help finish the WoC file (if needed) but at least i could get working on the new Lizards book as i am sure people will want to be using that aswell.

If you guys have any suggestions just shoot me a PM, i have no idea how it works but i am sure its not too hard to figure out.
MantisZero is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Broxigar

Old January 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM
If you could get chaoslord's list up from the warriors of chaos army list I created, I could continue to edit it. If you could post it on rapidshare or pm me the links I could continue to work on entering the raw data. If you have not edited my list, I would like to know because then I will continue to use the files I have. Thanks!

current projects:
Bel'arok the chosen champion of Tzeentch
and his chaos horde(WHF+WH40k)
Shadow Hunters Space Marine Chapter
Army Builder Warriors of Chaos files
Broxigar is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
I finally got the Dragon Ogres figured out, now I can't figure out how to make the Champion of the Chosen unit able to pick a 25pt magic item

Last edited by ChaosLord; January 22nd, 2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Mis-typed
ChaosLord is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
geiger

Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
its stupid for all of us to keep working on this, and not being able to share this info with everyone to help we need to get a list going of what we have done and what needs to get done , and then have one person sent all the files that why we can, work togetrher on this. I'm sure there is some one else out their that has more done than me so can we list what everyone has done, and maybe make a mster list of all the things we need to accomplish

Gieger
geiger is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Broxigar

Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
ChaosLord: Do you have a completely seperate list from the chaos mortals list from the old book? Have you made any changes to my uploaded files?

Has anyone made any changes to my uploaded files?

geiger: As it stands, my first rapidshare post of the Warriors list only had the basic stats entered for all the units and characters. By basic stats I mean their starting WS, BS, S, T, etc. I also entered all the magic items and their points. I gave a description of the magic items, but not the shortened description. I had to stop there because I do not know how to create a list of modifiers or use the main fantasy list for common magic items and armour. So...

Basic stats: done
Special Magic Items: entered, but no coding/modifiers entered
Special Characters stuff: not started
Chaos marks: started, but need more entries for each unit
general chaos stuff (starting armour, weapons, etc.) list: not started

There is a list of everything I am working on. I believe Teatime has offered to be the rapidshare genie for everyone, so send your files to him. If he needs my files, I will send them to him through a pm or post a new rapidshare entry. If anyone has any experience with AB Creator, extra time, or can summarize descriptions you should post here. Everyone that wants to help should post something to that effect and what they want to tackle. I will be checking the forums every day.

On a side note, my classes have started up again, so I will not be able to work on this project every day. I know that once the coding is figured out, I will be able to help some. Anyway, thought I would throw that in there.

Guys, if we could get this list out everyone would be extremely grateful. But we should really make it work and not necessarily rush it. Happy posting!

current projects:
Bel'arok the chosen champion of Tzeentch
and his chaos horde(WHF+WH40k)
Shadow Hunters Space Marine Chapter
Army Builder Warriors of Chaos files
Broxigar is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Teatime

Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
To backup what Broxigar said: if anyone wants files posted to Rapidshare with unlimited downloads PM me and I'll give you the email address to send them to.

I've had no reply from Robert, the designated WFB guy, after I PM'd him a couple of days ago. Does anyone want to step up to the job of Data File Author? Here are the list of requirements in my mind:
  • Is contactable, willing to be available for a substantial period of time, and will let everyone know when they don't want the job anymore.
  • Is willing to respond to requests on the forum and coordinate efforts to alter files
  • Is willing to upload files to Files R Us or similar
  • Is willing to moderate the forum
  • Has an intimate knowledge of the data files, or has access to people who do
  • Has access to the rules, army books and errata, or can access and defer to people who do.
  • Is willing to put up with people's bitching about things not being done fast enough/well enough/the way they want etc and deal with those trolls effectively
Anyone game?
Teatime is offline   #80 Reply With Quote