Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Teatime

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
As I understand it the data won't appear as an available race in AB until certain information is complete in the .aug file - the Race tab I believe. Only consolidated .ab files (collections of .dat, .aug, .ext and .def files) appear in the Import dialogue, though I don't know how these are actually created.

I was able to view both of Broxigar's files normally in Creator, as long as they were in the same folder with all the other warhammer files (or a copy thereof).
Teatime is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah I was finally able to figure it out. The aug file appears to be blank when I open it with ABcreator. The data file has unit names and statlines done, That's the easy part the rest is going to be a little complicated and very time consuming.
ChaosLord is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
marcrluce

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Given that AB sales must fall into the low 90% for either Fantasy or 40K - it would be great if they taylored the Creator program to be more drag and drop - fill in the blank style rather than this near machine code level style.

Thanks for all the work you are doing.
marcrluce is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Broxigar

Old January 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have finished putting in the different Gifts of chaos in the items tab, and the start of the marks in the options tab. I looked at some of the other armys, chaos in particular, and noticed that they had multiple entries in the options tab for each mark. This seems to mean that there will have to be an entry for everything that has a different cost in the codex. I have deduced that there are five different costs: Lords/Heros, Sorcerers, Daemon Prince, any unit, and giants. Each has a different amount for the cost of the mark. I was just wondering if this is the right path to pursue. I have also wondered what type of language some of the Rules and option settings are written in. If someone could point me in the right direction on how to use the settings and changes with the code, that would be awesome.

On another note, I did notice that you had to have the .dat and .aug files in with the other fantasy files for them to load into creator and builder. I have been tinkering around a little bit with the upload function but have not figured out its actual purpose yet. I believe it creates a new version of the game system for army builder to use, with the new or updated data files. Anyway, I hope you guys are learning as much as I am. I will post my new .dat file tomorrow or Saturday once I finish the magical weapons and items. Then the fun part begins when we need to figure out how to use the code to manipulate the stats and options available in Army Builder.

current projects:
Bel'arok the chosen champion of Tzeentch
and his chaos horde(WHF+WH40k)
Shadow Hunters Space Marine Chapter
Army Builder Warriors of Chaos files
Broxigar is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 16th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I've been figuring out the code to some extent by copying and pasting the ones they use in the current list, and sometimes changing part of it to affect a different stat. Each time I try, I save it and go to my open army builder tab and click on tools, then debugging, then compile data for fantasy, and it will tell you if you have any errors. I have had limited success. My core choices are all done and perfectly usable in a list, special is almost done (having trouble connecting dragon ogre champ to dragon ogre unit). I will do my rare next, then characters, then magic items. The codes are one of the reasons I'm just modifying the current list instead of starting from scratch.

Last edited by ChaosLord; January 16th, 2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling
ChaosLord is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Jaradakar

Old January 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Broxigar & ChaosLord!

Thank you so much, I anxiously await your hard work! You both are true Champions of Chaos :-)

I'm sorry I've not been able to find time to help so all I can do is stay positive and cheer you two on!

Thanks again,

-Jara
Jaradakar is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
ST4R5CRE4M

Old January 17th, 2009, 12:19 AM
yo whats up guys im wiliing to try and learn how to make an army list but the only problem is the download link for the authoring kit is down. so if anybody wants to send me the downloaded contents that would be awesome. thanx.
ST4R5CRE4M is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old January 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats, Broxigar. Keep up the good work... can't wait for the "final" ver.
GreenTea is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Teatime

Old January 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST4R5CRE4M View Post
yo whats up guys im wiliing to try and learn how to make an army list but the only problem is the download link for the authoring kit is down. so if anybody wants to send me the downloaded contents that would be awesome. thanx.
Seems to be working ok just now, link is http://www.armybuilder.com/download/abkit31c.exe

ChaosLord and Broxigar: sounds like you're both getting right into the meat of it, thanks both for your efforts. I'm currently useless for anything to do with coding right now, but if there's anything we can do to help coordinate efforts here in the forum let us know (notice how smoothly I switched to offering everyone else's assistance as well ). As a suggestion: how about an overview of the work done so far and the next steps from each point of view? Might be able to prevent some duplication of effort.

Before I go shooting PMs off: has anyone attempted to PM Robert, the original list keeper and moderator? Is anyone else willing to take on the responsibility if he's disappeared or lost interest?
Teatime is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Broxigar

Old January 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds good so far ChaosLord. If you could post those on rapidshare, I could enter in the next raw data for the magic items.

I was also wondering whether all of them should stay in items or if some should be moved to options. I probably would keep them all in items, but there may be a couple to move to options.

Another thing I was thinking about, whether the "common" magic items were already entered into a linkable list or not. We will probably have to create our own versions of each item, but being able to link them to a "common" list would make the whole thing go a lot faster.

I hope some other people will be able to help out once we get more of the raw data in and some of the code completed. I will post the progress once I get a look at the stuff ChaosLord has done. Thanks guys!

current projects:
Bel'arok the chosen champion of Tzeentch
and his chaos horde(WHF+WH40k)
Shadow Hunters Space Marine Chapter
Army Builder Warriors of Chaos files
Broxigar is offline   #70 Reply With Quote