Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

davystyles

Old August 31st, 2017, 07:20 AM
I dont really know anything about coding or XML but i want to design a magic weapon that can be either a War Hammer or a Maul, i have everything figured out using the editor except how to get the option to choose the type of weapon, any help with this would be appreciated
davystyles is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 31st, 2017, 11:08 AM
If you look at (or copy) the Dragonslayer magic item, you can see that there is a script that runs in final phase, timing 20000

Code:
      ~restrict the list of weapons to valid ones only
      gizmo.child[gCustMagic].field[gItemExpr].text = #magicgearexpr[] & " & (wGroup.Sword)"
The most important part is where it says (wGroup.Sword) - which restricts to the sword group.

In order to do the same for your weapon, your script will have to read:
Code:
      ~restrict the list of weapons to valid ones only
      gizmo.child[gCustMagic].field[gItemExpr].text = #magicgearexpr[] & " & (thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wMaul)"
So, you'll have to open an eval script and copy/paste the code into it, making sure to have it run on final phase 20000.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
davystyles

Old August 31st, 2017, 07:24 PM
thank you
davystyles is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davystyles

Old September 1st, 2017, 08:36 PM
Also is there a way to get a second form of movment to appear in the stat block from a feat, i have a player who has taken a Feat that allows for Flight and i would like the speed to show up on his character sheet other than in the specials section is this possible

Last edited by davystyles; September 2nd, 2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: answered part of it on my own
davystyles is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 3rd, 2017, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davystyles View Post
Also is there a way to get a second form of movment to appear in the stat block from a feat, i have a player who has taken a Feat that allows for Flight and i would like the speed to show up on his character sheet other than in the specials section is this possible
When making that feat, go to the bootstrap button and add xFly, followed by two different tag
Group id / Tag Id
Maneuver / Average or Good or Perfect or Clumsy or Poor (HOW GOOD A FLYER YOU ARE)
Value / 40 (NUMBER IS SPEED IN FEET)
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote