Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarkHost

Old March 17th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Why is it that for the AB v3.1 Example Army the child units (e.g., sergeant) do not appear on the Options screen in ABCreator? I have been trying to use the Example Army to figure out how to develop my own .def and .dat files. In this specific instance I could not figure out how the Sergeant unit was made a child to the parent Assualt Squad unit.

I have finally figured out how to make one unit a child of another, although I still cannot get the point cost of the child to show up separate from the parent.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-DH
DarkHost is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:20 AM
There is a separate file entitled "options.dat". You'll find the option you seek in there, with the unique id "ch_sarge".

To get the child to have an independent point cost, you have to make sure that the option attaching it has a cost of zero and that the link has no cost specified. Also, make sure the option is attached with a link nature of "cost" or "auto".

I'm not sure I fully understand the situation with the second problem, so my answer my not address your actual problem. If not, please clarify the problem if I've misunderstood.

-Rob

At 07:15 AM 3/17/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Why is it that for the AB v3.1 Example Army the child units (e.g., sergeant) do not appear on the Options screen in ABCreator? I have been trying to use the Example Army to figure out how to develop my own .def and .dat files. In this specific instance I could not figure out how the Sergeant unit was made a child to the parent Assualt Squad unit.

I have finally figured out how to make one unit a child of another, although I still cannot get the point cost of the child to show up separate from the parent.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-DH
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I found them. I also, after pounding my head on the desk a bit, fixed my problem with the child point costs.

Thanks for the reply.
DarkHost is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Sorry it took so long to answer the questions. We were at a tradeshow all last week, and we're now in catch-up mode.

-Rob

At 05:30 AM 3/20/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Yeah, I found them. I also, after pounding my head on the desk a bit, fixed my problem with the child point costs.

Thanks for the reply.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:03 AM
No worries. My Dark Age masters were also at GAMA. Too bad that I picked this year to move from Vegas to ABQ.

-Don
DarkHost is offline   #5 Reply With Quote