Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

egg_green

Old February 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Some clarification that might help: the issue with the user not being able to select items in a dropdown list using the mouse seems to be dependent on the number of items in the list. If the list is short enough not to have a scrollbar, I am able to select items normally. If it does have a scrollbar, however, anything I select just causes the list to disappear with no selection.

I am seeing this behavior even in version 3.9b
egg_green is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old February 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Here's an interesting, albeit very minor, bug:
When I am adding spells to my wizard's spellbook, each time adding a spell would causes the "spells in spellbook" dialog to add another line, the "Choose spellbook spells" dialog gets moved down a little. After a few times, this causes the buttons at the bottom to fall off the bottom of the screen, and I have to drag the dialog back up in order to close it.

This is obviously not a major problem, since I can just drag the window back into position, but I thought it was rather amusing!
egg_green is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
kaintheseeker

Old February 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Two bugs for me.

I can't transfer from the main character to a secondary (like mount, pet, companions and/or familiars). I have seen that one.

Another that I have today was that Hero lab has apparently eaten 'hl.xml' twice today. Don't know what happened but I would start the program..have that error pop up..then I'd reinstall and it would do it again. Not sure if the fact that it collapsed on me friday and might have taken that file with it when it crashed.
kaintheseeker is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old February 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Export to d20Pro is still allocating the wrong file name with a ".*" after the extension. Not a biggie, but more a PITA.
TehBagder is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
don't know if this has been seen or not...when making a pathfinder character (with restrictions), spefically a bladebound magus, once i hit forth level the ability count starts going funny. at 4th level it says i have 7 points to spend (out of the 20), then at 5th level it says i have spent by 2 (if i spend the 7). i then leveled to 12 and it says i have 9 over spent but if i calculate it myself i am at 20.
knight2142 is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Olwen

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
I've never used HL on Windows so I don't know if this is the expected behavior but going for "Re-activate License" without having previously saved the portfolio I was currently working on didn't warn me that I was going to lose all the unsaved modifications. There should either be a message prompting the user if they want to save unsaved modifications, or the portfolio should be saved automatically (the first solution seems better).

That aside Hero Lab is a great application and I'm really glad you've finally ported it to Mac OS!
Olwen is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Olwen

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0232 View Post
Nothing happens when I choose Launch Editor.
Same when I restart.
This happens under Pathfinder and under M&M3.
I originally was able to do so, but after fooling around with my own .user files, it stopped opening. I'm not sure what caused the malfunction...
I seem to be having the exact same problem with the version of the Mac beta I downloaded today. I have an iMac 7,1 (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) running Mac OS 10.7.3.

I was able to play with the Editor earlier. I used "Launch Editor" maybe three times with the Editor window appearing and being responsive, but the fourth time I tried, later on, no Editor window would appear. The only thing I remember doing between the time it worked and the time it didn't was to use the Help menu about the Editor. I tried restarting Hero Lab and the computer to no avail. Removing the preference files did nothing either.

Does anyone have a workaround to get the Editor to reappear?
Olwen is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
javadragon

Old February 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM
If you mouse over a question mark icon to display the details for an item and then, while that window is still up, command-tabbing to different application will keep that detail window floating over the new application. The only way to get rid of it is to tab back to Hero Lab and move mouse.
javadragon is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Olwen

Old February 25th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I don't use Windows so I'm not sure whether it's a Mac-only issue, but Shock Shield (Alchemist 1 extract) does not seem to appear in the list of Spell Adjustments whereas I can add it to the extract book. I've had to add an Other Adjustment (Armor Class) to emulate it.
Olwen is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
redward

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Selecting the spell "Lore Legend" off the Bard's spell list crashes the application.

(Using Mac OSX 3.9 Beta, discovered on level 4 Bard, reproduced creating a new bard)
redward is offline   #140 Reply With Quote