Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Thrawn21

Old September 8th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Hello,

I might be blind, but I am currently not seeing any way to sync the Database to the Cloud without first closing the Client.
During a session, it is quite annoying if you have to close the client just to release a picture to the players.

Hope you can point me to the right direction,

Thrawn
Thrawn21 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Thrawn, it sounds like you're looking to do real-time reveal to your players. Unfortunately, real-time reveal through Player Edition is not currently supported. Player Edition is used most often as a reference for previous sessions.

Real-time updates can be shared via the Player View window within your copy of Realm Works. If you're playing in-person, you can show the player view window on your laptop or an external monitor.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 8th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Will you be able to do real time reveals through the web client? I ask because I have the potential to run a new instance of my campaign for a group over the web.
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Decrayer

Old September 16th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Im also looking for saving/syncing the realm in this way. Usually, I do work for some time on the realm and in the end, I would like to sync the changes to the cloud. Currently, for that to happen I have to close the program, open it again, login again and then sync. Is there a way to tell RW to close the editor part and open up the realms list afterwards instead of closing down completely?
Decrayer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 16th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrayer View Post
Is there a way to tell RW to close the editor part and open up the realms list afterwards instead of closing down completely?
Click the Realm Works icon in the upper-left corner of the window and pick Switch Realms.

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Decrayer

Old September 16th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Alright, found it meanwhile. Thank you very much.
Decrayer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old September 25th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Push updates would be so nice...I often reveal during games and my players could really benefit from seeing the names of the new NPCs during the conversation. I can't take the time for the Switch Realms-Sync-Reopen cycle when I'm trying to play a couple of NPCs.

I'd have to say it is RealmWorks biggest product performance miss from my perspective.
Micco is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 26th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
Push updates would be so nice...I often reveal during games and my players could really benefit from seeing the names of the new NPCs during the conversation. I can't take the time for the Switch Realms-Sync-Reopen cycle when I'm trying to play a couple of NPCs.

I'd have to say it is RealmWorks biggest product performance miss from my perspective.
Anything that allows more immediate updates to the Player Version starts moving into the territory of VTT, which RW is trying to avoid. The player view is designed for showing things to players during a gaming session.
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 26th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Anything that allows more immediate updates to the Player Version starts moving into the territory of VTT, which RW is trying to avoid. The player view is designed for showing things to players during a gaming session.
The thing is the player view requires a second screen or some such which not all of us have. Being able to push updates would be helpful in an environment where everyone plays with some screen in front of them, all of my players use HL already.
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The thing is the player view requires a second screen or some such which not all of us have. Being able to push updates would be helpful in an environment where everyone plays with some screen in front of them, all of my players use HL already.
A second screen, while nice, is not necessary. We also envisioned GMs with Realm Works on their laptop. They work from their laptop, switch to player view and flip their laptop around to show the players, and then face the laptop back towards them to keep playing.

Last edited by liz; September 28th, 2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Fixed wording
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote