Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dionysus

Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I'm new to Army Builder and I'm confused on how to make available special characters for the Tyranids in my Army Builder list.

When I click on Help>Army Builder, it states I have v.3.1a.

This I updated on the 23rd December.

In the Change Rules>Roster Options, in Army Builder I put a tick next to Special Characters.

However I cannot find any Tyranid Special Characters to choose in the list?

On the AB = 40K maintainers forum it lists Tyranid update 1.10b which includes Special Characters and seems to have been released on the 28th December.

Where am I going wrong? Do I need to install a Tyranid patch to gain access to these Tyranid Special characters and if so how do you actually do this after downloading the latest patch?

Thanks

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:49 PM
EDIT: I believe that they are in there, however I do have the next release in my computer so it could have been a problem in the previous file. There should be a new update relatively soon, so hold on and keep checking the 40K maintainer site or the update tab...
shaggai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dionysus

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:53 AM
Hello Shaggai,

Thank you for your reply. If the Tyranid special characters were in there, have I correctly chosen the right options (as I have detailed above) to make them appear (i.e. Change Rules>Roster Options, tick next to Special Characters?)

If this is correct what I have done, would the Special Characters appear in the same view window as all the default Tyranid unit choices?

Also, the Tyranid update patch available for download on the AB = 40K maintainers website once downloaded... could someone explain or point me in the right direction for instructions for how to install such update patches?

Thanks

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:12 AM
When u have downloaded it, go into AB and when you get to the game selection screen select import file, navigate to where you saved it and then click start import. Once it has finished select the Warhammer 40,000 and then into the nids list as usual
harkan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:13 AM
btw - those were the correct options for special characters and they should show in the available unit list at the top of the screen
harkan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote