Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Dionysus

Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:20 AM
I have just downloaded the Army Builder product for trial and on the very first roster I was creating I spotted several mistakes for the Space Wolves.

The mistakes are regarding the cost of a Bolter for the Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Wolf Lord, Rune Priest and Wolf Priest which are all listed at 1 pt. where they should be 2 pts.

In the Space Wolves Armoury section on p.14 it states:

Quote:
"The Armoury includes two points values for each model; the first is used for Wolf Guard, the second (usually higher) value is used for all other models that are allowed to choose equipment from the Armoury."
Under the section for TWO-HANDED WEAPONS in the Armoury it states:

Quote:
"Bolter..........................................1 pt/2pts."
The Wolf Lord, Rune Priest and Wolf Priest are not Wolf Guard models and therefore use the second points value of 2 pts.

The Wolf Guard Battle Leader also uses the second points value as it indicates in his options on p.5 of Codex: Space Wolves and on p.2 of the Official FAQ that he does not use the Wolf Guard column in the Space Wolves Armoury. Therefore a bolter costs 2 pts. for him too as opposed to 1 pt as incorrectly listed in Army Builder.

Cheers

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 22nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Good catch, I don't know how that slipped through, except for the fact that SW hasn't been worked on in a while.
Yeah, it's messed up on all the 2W characters because they share the same weapon linkset. It'll be fixed in the next release (next week).

And believe me, you don't have to point out all the rules for SW for me, they're my primary army.

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dionysus

Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:23 PM
Glad to have been of help Hakujin,

I'm very much impressed so far with the demo of Army Builder and like the fact that I can bring errors to the attention of those who can make changes to the program and its details.

I have been using the Official Games Workshop Interactive Army Builder for a year now which I like but there are a large amount of mistakes in the army rosters that prevent it from being a competent piece of software to be utilized for army list creations. The last patch for it was released back in January. In the meantime the Tyranids and Black Templars codex was released but you cannot use the software for either of these armies as there still has been no new patch.

I have contacted the prgramming team 4 times now in the last few months and have had no reply. I finally contacted Games Workshop Customer service 10 days ago. A person there told me a probable reason for there being no new patches is because it is likely they are working on a version 2 of the Intereactive Army Builder and no longer bringing patches out for the current edition. He told me he would find out about this from someone involved in the production of that software and phone me back with more info. 10 days on I have still not heard anything.

In comparison I download Army Builder, spot several mistakes, contact Lone Wolf Support and post the message above on this forum. I receive an answer with explanation and help within a couple of hours from LoneWolf and I discover that the mistakes I have pointed out on this forum will be corrected on the next release next week.

Brilliant! I'm impressed. I'm also going to purchase the full product due to such efficiency.

Thank you

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Well, be prepared to be a bit more impressed. The people (such as myself) writing the datafiles are not Lone Wolf employees, but volunteers. I can't speak for other 40K developers, but my philosophy is to make frequent patches available, at the most once a month if there are outstanding bugs.

For additional support, you can also contact the WH40K team at http://ab40k3.homelinux.net/

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dionysus

Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Your volunteer work is greatly appreciated Hakujin. The frequency of patches is most impressive and it is nice to know that the data files are in constant development and checking.

Thank you.

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote