Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Philderbeast

Old February 19th, 2019, 03:01 PM
so I just checked the weekly update thread and there has been no update for 12 days and counting

if i go through its history so far we get a disturbing trend
post 2, 1 day late
post 3, on time!
post 4, on time!
post 5, on time! (looks good here right?)
post 6, 3 days late
post 7, on time but no update
post 8, on time, no update
post 9, on time, beta update
post 10, 4 days late, no update
post 11, on time no update
post 12, 3 days late
post 13, 6 days late - no update
post 14, 6 days late - no update
post 15, 3 days late

so far most "updates" have been late and/or not actually provided an update, and no linking to a release announcement is not an update on what your working on.

and before someone gets critical of me for being picky about this, but if that was me at work (and for the record I'm a software developer) if that was my track record of updates on a project i was working on, I would be asked to justify why I should keep my job.

its really not that hard to give a decent update on time.
Philderbeast is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 19th, 2019, 03:06 PM
Look I get you and, as a project manager, I'd certainly be out of a job as well but this is a marked improvement after better than a year of next to no news and the only news we did get was, to be polite, put offs from people who clearly didn't have any idea what was going on or weren't telling us the truth.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old February 19th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Look I get you and, as a project manager, I'd certainly be out of a job as well but this is a marked improvement after better than a year of next to no news and the only news we did get was, to be polite, put offs from people who clearly didn't have any idea what was going on or weren't telling us the truth.
While I understand your sentiment, my biggest gripe is they made a commitment to give us updates, and even when they give us a post, most of the time there is no update. just more excuses as to why its not progressing, and that's if we even get an update.

Personalty, I'm at the point where I'm not accepting anymore excuses over this product, its time for lone wolf to deliver results, and when they make a commitment to something to stick to it and not expect the community to excuse them for not meeting it.

I have spent more then I care to admit on lone wolf products over the years, and if this is how they are going to treat the customer base, I personally will be looking for alternatives to there products in the future. All they have show is that they cant be trusted to deliver what they say they will produce, even a simple weekly forum post has proven to much for them to deliver.
Philderbeast is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 19th, 2019, 05:29 PM
An update, even if there is nothing new to report, is exactly what we asked for! Sometimes, there is nothing new of substance to report. Of course I'd rather hear that they're making great progress, but I'm happy to hear anything. So that part is fine.

However, they have surely been slipping in regards to "regular updates, every Monday." We usually get one, and better late than never. But Mondays as promised would be even better .

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; February 19th, 2019 at 05:35 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 19th, 2019, 05:58 PM
It is just like the Dalai Lama says:

Expectation is the death of Happiness.
Grey Mage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old February 20th, 2019, 03:57 AM
I agree 100% with Philderbeast.
I also have been monitoring the updates and looked this morning and saw the last update was 12 days ago but I didn't want to say anything because I don't want to sound negative.
But I must agree, the updates have shared little information and when they did offer information it wasn't much on the progress of Content Market, but some of them focused on the 64-bit switch.
While switching to 64-bit is a much needed improvement it's not what the majority of people are waiting for. We are waiting for the promised Content Market that's now YEARS in the making with excuse after excuse.

And now in the latest update you notice they give a date like end of this month or within 2 weeks. they now say "we’re hopeful we’ll have good news for everyone in the very near future. "
Define near future - 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 1/2 year, etc..

If you sort post's by replies and ignore the top sticky posts, my post I created http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58633
on June 21st, 2017 is the top post with over 720+ replies.

I started to enter the data manually end of last year for a new campaign I was going to start, Curse of the Crimson Throne and was hoping to have CM before end of 2018 and purchase this data package.
As of now, I've stopped entering the data manually because it takes too much time and I need that time to prepare for my campaign since it's now started.

I've basically using the book and the only thing I use the laptop for is quick searches of the pdf's of my books.

I don't even log into Realm Works because I don't see a point too.
joepacelli is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 20th, 2019, 04:58 AM
Speak for yourself. Many of us care very little for the CM and care greatly about almost everything else. I've long tried to convince LWD that the CM wasn't the revenue they were after. At this point all the Paizo stuff they've held up launching the CM is for a dead system. They could have launched the CM without Paizo and been bringing in whatever revenue they could while waiting for Paizo to get its own digital act together and at the very least giving their existing users, most of which are pretty obviously homebrew campaign builders, the features we want and need.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 20th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Have to go KBS666 on that...

Much rather have had calendars, improved snippet sharing, etc.!
Grey Mage is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 20th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Personally, more info would be nice, whatever happens doesn't really matter though because it's just an aid for a game.

#firstworldproblems
Toblakai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old February 20th, 2019, 10:15 AM
We got the 64bit, all old and annoying bugs fixed and several quality of life enhancements that significantly improved the content formatting speed. I don't care for the CM as it will not contain any of the systems I play. I want more features in the product and even more flexibility in converting content, moving data and importing/exporting stuff.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote