Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dhrakken

Old September 29th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Good afternoon all,

I'm waiting for my license to get activated so I can't test this myself...

From the various youtube video's that I've watched, it looks like music/sound clips can be added to encounters/places but I'm curious to know if video clips can be included too?

As an example, the party walks up to a body of water, (pool, beach, maybe some fog, etc...) and I would like to be able to play a video clip of the environment on the player view (second monitor), is this possible with realm works? Or will I need to run that outside of the tool?
Dhrakken is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2016, 11:59 PM
You can store any file you like inside RW. However video films tend to be quite large, so storing them outside on your local PC might be more efficient. You can store a LINK to the file on your hard disk if you want.

If stored inside RW, then the video files will also get copied up to the cloud server - which obviously takes a little time (depending on file size).
Farling is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old September 30th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Thanks Farling, that's a very valid point. But, having said that, if I wanted to play a small clip it in player view, could I?
Dhrakken is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 30th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Thanks Farling, that's a very valid point. But, having said that, if I wanted to play a small clip it in player view, could I?
Ah, I hadn't seen the comment about Player View.

No, you would have to play the video using an external app, but you could run the app on the monitor on which you also have the Player view shown.
Farling is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2016, 01:26 PM
@Farling is unfortunately mistaken on this one. You CAN play a video within Player View, just like showing any other content. Once you reveal the containing topic and the video snippet, you can use the "Show in Player View" option on the snippet. From there, you can resize, move, play, and pause the video from within the Player Preview tab, controlling what gets shown to the players just like everything else.

Hope this helps!

P.S. for those wondering: Yes, I'm occasionally seeing what's being discussed on the forums. No, I'm not actively participating - I'm only chiming in when it's something I can contribute to in a matter of minutes. We're all focused on getting some massive new stuff into RW that all of you will be very happy about, so the blinders are on. More info will be coming very soon...

Last edited by rob; September 30th, 2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old September 30th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Awesome, thanks Rob! Can't wait for my license to get activated!
Dhrakken is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Whoa! Your license isn't activated?!?!

Alright, I just re-read your first post and saw your comment that you're waiting for your license to be activated (which I unfortunately overlooked the first time). I don't understand. There is nothing we need to do manually on our end to activate your license. That's all done automatically, provided you complete the various steps involved.

Here's the process...

When you purchased Realm Works, you should have been issued an activation code. From there, you download and install the product. When you first launch it, you're prompted to login or create a new account. You would create a new account, during which you provide the activation code. You then need to confirm the email that gets sent to you, after which you are good to go.

So... Where in the above process are you stuck?

If you're waiting for the email, it probably went to a spam folder, since those get sent out automatically by the server. If you can't find the email and you use a GMail account or other web-based email account, you need to check THERE for the missing email (in the spam folder). If you still can't find the email, make sure to configure your email account to accept all emails from "no-reply@realmworks.net". Then go through the activation process again. Doing it again will invalidate the first attempt and send the confirmation email again. At that point, you should be able to complete the process and get started.

If you are stuck somewhere else in the sequence, then you hopefully just weren't clear on how the whole process works. Please go through the steps again, and it should work smoothly for you this time. You might also want to double-check your email account configuration to ensure you get the confirmation email from us.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old September 30th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Whoa! Your license isn't activated?!?!

Alright, I just re-read your first post and saw your comment that you're waiting for your license to be activated (which I unfortunately overlooked the first time). I don't understand. There is nothing we need to do manually on our end to activate your license. That's all done automatically, provided you complete the various steps involved.

Here's the process...

When you purchased Realm Works, you should have been issued an activation code. From there, you download and install the product. When you first launch it, you're prompted to login or create a new account. You would create a new account, during which you provide the activation code. You then need to confirm the email that gets sent to you, after which you are good to go.

So... Where in the above process are you stuck?

If you're waiting for the email, it probably went to a spam folder, since those get sent out automatically by the server. If you can't find the email and you use a GMail account or other web-based email account, you need to check THERE for the missing email (in the spam folder). If you still can't find the email, make sure to configure your email account to accept all emails from "no-reply@realmworks.net". Then go through the activation process again. Doing it again will invalidate the first attempt and send the confirmation email again. At that point, you should be able to complete the process and get started.

If you are stuck somewhere else in the sequence, then you hopefully just weren't clear on how the whole process works. Please go through the steps again, and it should work smoothly for you this time. You might also want to double-check your email account configuration to ensure you get the confirmation email from us.

Hope this helps!
My situation might be a little unique... you see, I purchased Realm Works earlier in the year and requested a refund after a couple of days because the product was too overwhelming to me. Now, having spent a considerable amount of time with videos acclimating myself to the product, I have repurchased Realm Works but my account is locked. I have sent an email to support so hopefully this can be resolved shortly.
Dhrakken is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2016, 04:45 PM
So you purchased the product again and are now trying to resume using the original account that you created and cancelled? Is that a correct understanding?

If that's correct, then I'm certain we have nothing in place that would allow us to do that for you. And the developer that this question would be directed to has been out sick the past couple days, so your support case is probably waiting for him.

Please create a new account with a new login name. We certainly won't be able to restore your original account and associate it with an entirely new purchase right now. It's possible that we'll put the mechanisms in place to make this doable next year. However, this is a very special case that's not currently possible on our end through the admin tools we have in place.

Sorry to be the bearer of this news. But you can be up and running with a new login very quickly, as it appears you've already done once before!
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 1st, 2016, 06:16 PM
I can't create another account and can't remove the original account name from the login screen. I tried uninstalling and re-installing several time to no avail. Is there a cache I can clear somehow to remove the original login name?
Dhrakken is offline   #10 Reply With Quote