Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

jbearwillis

Old December 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I was wondering if some one knew how to write a "Eval Script" to change the base movement speed to one rank less when a the power is activated. Like the "Shrinking Power" does with out all the other penalties it gives.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks JBear

PS: I need it to lower it by 1 at every 8 ranks in said power and I can't seem to get it to work.
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:06 PM
I will look at the power effect that increases movement rate for clues and go off that. It will require a number variable that is based on the number of ranks. I will look at it in the next couple of days.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Cool thanks!
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
The first problem is that the Shrink power does not actually change the speed, Size does. They figured that it was already doing it, so that is fine. So it is not really a problem.

The second problem is that the Speed power does not actually change the base movement speed either. It has its own effect that is totally independent of anything else on the character sheet. The power description is "You can move faster than normal. You have a ground speed rank equal to your effect rank. This also improves all forms of movement based on ground speed." I emphasize that last sentence, as it is patently false in regards to Hero Lab. If you have a character with Growth or Shrinking, while that changes the Base Movement Speed, the levels of Speed are not affecting that value. So a character with Shrinking can get a massive speed boost with a single point in Speed, as it ignores the penalty and then gives a bonus on top of that.

For this to work properly there needs to be a Base Movement Rate value. This value is modified by Speed, Growth, and Shrinking.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
That's what I thought, but I thought I would throw it out there for some one with a little more experience with the mutants and mastermind scripting, since each game system is a bit different on how they work. I had tried doing every thing you said you looked at with no luck. So I guess I wasn't totally lost then.

Thanks for your effort SeeleyOne
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote