Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old October 1st, 2016, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
I can't create another account and can't remove the original account name from the login screen. I tried uninstalling and re-installing several time to no avail. Is there a cache I can clear somehow to remove the original login name?
Try renaming or deleting the Realm Works folder in your user profile folder, which you can find by using this command in the Run (Windows-R) or Search boxes on the Start Menu or from a Command Prompt:
Code:
explorer "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc"

Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2016, 08:36 PM
It sounds like the original database file is still lingering behind after the uninstall, since that's where the account name gets preserved.

Instead of simply renaming the folder that @Parody indicated above, delete the entire contents of that folder. The most important file to delete is the one named "master.realm", although you should blow away everything if you delete that file.

This will force Realm Works to recreate everything, including an empty database. You should then be able to enter a new account name without incident.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 2nd, 2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks Rob for the instructions, I'm in now!
Dhrakken is offline   #13 Reply With Quote