Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jaydarkson

Old March 20th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Currently running a Mutants & Masterminds 3e game and I was wondering when selecting a Game System in Realm Works, which one would be best suited for this system?

Also, are their plans to create a Game System for MnM 3e in Realm Works since it is a supported product in Hero Labs?
jaydarkson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 20th, 2017, 10:31 PM
You can adapt any of the game systems (including system neutral) to the game system of your choice. Pick the one that has the most similarities or the fewest dissimilarities, then modify the categories and tags as you please.

Adapting a system in Realm Works is a lot easier than building a system in Hero Lab. My one piece of advice would be, before making any major changes to a stock category, make a copy of it, and modify the copy instead of the original. And you can always hide the original so you only see your copy when creating a new topic from that category.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 21st, 2017, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
My one piece of advice would be, before making any major changes to a stock category, make a copy of it, and modify the copy instead of the original. And you can always hide the original so you only see your copy when creating a new topic from that category.
If you start adding to one of the original category definitions, then you can easily see which snippets you added since they are marked (in the category definition) with a different icon.

My own preference would be to use the original categories with my own modifications. If at some later point I import some purchased neutral game content then that content will appear in topics based on the same categories.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote