Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kilgs

Old October 30th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Still lacking this? Guess I'll check back in a couple months... RW continues to gather dust in my PC.
Kilgs is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
hollowheel

Old October 31st, 2014, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgs View Post
Still lacking this? Guess I'll check back in a couple months... RW continues to gather dust in my PC.
Yep. Doesn't look good for this functionality for a few more months. My money is still on February 2015 for print/export. That is, of course, wild speculation, but it's fun to get on record in case I've guessed correctly.

I think the all RW focus is on getting the delayed player edition out, which I support.
hollowheel is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 1st, 2014, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowheel View Post
Yep. Doesn't look good for this functionality for a few more months. My money is still on February 2015 for print/export. That is, of course, wild speculation, but it's fun to get on record in case I've guessed correctly.
Any basis for that??
Seriously, as you have noted their focus (and they haven't been shy on saying such) has been directed toward the PE of RW.

As to an expected deliverable on print capabilities... I would expect that (and other features) will be defined based on the poll results.... Which based on Liz's update, the poll is to follow next. Sooooooo, be sure to register your email to get the poll and get your vote cast..... I myself and hoping for calendars next.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Daemonfey

Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
Again, and I can' stress this enough, this is a much needed option.
Without it, it feels like doubling my work, not making it easier...
Daemonfey is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
schekker

Old November 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I agree with Daemonfey. I can't even phantom to purchase Ralm Works without Print support. I prefer print when gaming.
schekker is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 9th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schekker View Post
I agree with Daemonfey. I can't even phantom to purchase Ralm Works without Print support. I prefer print when gaming.
Save trees, print less :-)
Farling is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Daemonfey

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:30 AM
It's not specifically about printing, but about output.
Though I also like to have papersheets around while gaming, I also rely on my tablet, smartphone and (sometimes) laptop.
I would glady use Realm Works to enter my information, as I like the thorough and detailed input possibilities, but I also want to have access to this outside of the program. It is important to me to have access to my stuff as pdf or printed, so I can carry it around with me.
Daemonfey is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 10th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
It's not specifically about printing, but about output.
Though I also like to have papersheets around while gaming, I also rely on my tablet, smartphone and (sometimes) laptop.
I would glady use Realm Works to enter my information, as I like the thorough and detailed input possibilities, but I also want to have access to this outside of the program. It is important to me to have access to my stuff as pdf or printed, so I can carry it around with me.
I am not being a jerk, but why would you want all that in PDFs for use outside RW?

I am just asking as that seems like a tremendous duplication for no reason. You need a program to read PDFs, just as you need RW to read RW info, sync'd to cloud or not. Why have two when you can have it one single source?

I assume your not printing reams of PDFs to carry, your meaning is to carry the PDFs around in a computer device. But isn't that the same thing?

I am just asking as I can't seem to put my head around some of the ideas here, and if I am, then maybe I will find tips I am unaware of to enhance my own GMing.
Exmortis is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 10th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Archiving.
Tracking changes over time.
Permanent record of a particular point in time providing a means to restore a single entry to that point.
No internet connection.
Android tablet.
Mac user without a native version.
Using a work computer.
Using a friend's computer.
Access anytime, anywhere on anything.
Can print PDF if desired.
Can print section of PDF if desired.
Can copy/paste from PDF to Word or Excel to edit.
Can mark up while not connected to RW.
Can send to group that may not have RW player edition.

Once the web version is available, printing to PDFs of unformatted pages will be doable. And export to xml may become more viable. I guessing printing may be contingent upon the web interface as a precursor.
AEIOU is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 10th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I'm posting as a separate item the most important reason for requiring printing and export -- digital obsolescence. We all know RW is never going away and will be supported for generations. Just like WordPerect, Lotus 123 and Altavista.com. It is forever.

We need the ability to create/export ASCII, TIFF and RTF versions of our data. PDF is nice for current portability but in the end, those three formats need to be supported. And print documents are good as long as the paper doesn't deteriorate....
AEIOU is offline   #100 Reply With Quote