Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old January 20th, 2017, 02:12 AM
VB.Net just finished installing... I'll let you know lol

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2017, 02:46 AM
Two very important things:

1) During my last update to GitHub, I carelessly pasted the wrong things in the wrong places, so the script wasn't properly updated with the latest version.

That is fixed now. (I hope.)

2) I have made a rather large oversight regarding snippets that contain both GM directions AND text. Up until now, I was making certain incorrect assumptions about how that case was handled in the XML code. I just now found out I was wrong. These snippets are not being handled correctly. They are not currently being included in the conversion.

I will have a fix for this later today or early tomorrow (which means definitely no later than Sunday).
EightBitz is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 20th, 2017, 03:37 AM
As soon as you caught Bob something started to happen... I'm excited. This output file is growing in size very quickly.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 20th, 2017, 03:47 AM
WoW o.0

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
WoW o.0
Is that a good wow or a bad wow? O.o
EightBitz is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 20th, 2017, 04:12 AM
Its brilliant. I can't post the output... because well it's huge and not my content but it looks really good!

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM
@EightBitz: I too am impressed. When the survey was taken, printing didn't rank high enough but Rob gave it an honorable mention due to some very vocal advocates (no names mentioned but I guess we were pretty vocal). As a result it got tagged on to the higher priority list along with calendars. When I saw the shift to HTML I knew that this might become possible when the webview was released. This is amazing and well before I thought it would be possible. The community owes you a great deal for taking the plunge down the XML hole.

@EightBitz: Please also take care of yourself. I just want to say that I think of you and wish you all the best in your job search whenever I fire up RW nowadays or see the printing posts. May you be successful soon!
AEIOU is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@EightBitz: I too am impressed. When the survey was taken, printing didn't rank high enough but Rob gave it an honorable mention due to some very vocal advocates (no names mentioned but I guess we were pretty vocal). As a result it got tagged on to the higher priority list along with calendars. When I saw the shift to HTML I knew that this might become possible when the webview was released. This is amazing and well before I thought it would be possible. The community owes you a great deal for taking the plunge down the XML hole.

@EightBitz: Please also take care of yourself. I just want to say that I think of you and wish you all the best in your job search whenever I fire up RW nowadays or see the printing posts. May you be successful soon!
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words and your well wishes. :-)

I very much appreciate the work that Shadow and others put in to the Community packs, and the data sets that other people here have worked on and made available.

And though I haven't watched many of them yet, I'm going to start digging more into the videos people have been making. I know that type of thing takes a lot of time and patience. I could have made a video showing how to use this, but I think daplunk did a much better job with it than I would have.

I'm happy to share with a community where other people share, and it's really nice to hear that people are finding this not only useful, but impressive. It makes me realize that this is maybe something I can mention in job interviews. "Why should we hire you instead of anyone else?"

"Technology isn't just my career choice, it's a hobby and a passion. In fact, I wrote this XML conversion script for this application I use. I even shared it with the online community, and you'll be amazed at what happened next!"
EightBitz is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 20th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Brilliant. Thanks for your work.

Do you have anywhere we can buy you a coffee?
MaxSupernova is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2017, 10:09 PM
If LWD has no objections, then for anyone who's willing to make a donation, I can privately share my PayPal info.

However, I want to make very clear that this is neither an expectation nor a condition.

You are welcome to use the script for free.

Pending Rob's approval, and assuming this does not violate the Realm Works license, I'm going to license this under the Creative Commons Attribution + Non-Commercial license.

-You are free to share and adapt the script.
-When sharing the script, you must give appropriate credit and indicate if changes were made.
-You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

Summary: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Legalese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses.../4.0/legalcode
EightBitz is offline   #50 Reply With Quote