Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
(a bug reports thread for the 6/12/12 release)

Unfortunately, there are still some sections of the Shadowrun files we haven't completed yet. These are all coming as soon as we can get them accomplished. There's no need to repeat these items as bug reports.
  1. Combat
    • Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.
  2. Magic
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)
  3. Matrix & Technomancers
    • AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
    • Active/Passive/Hidden mode
  4. Vehicles & Drones
    • Rigging & Jumping In (including full handling for cyborgs)
  5. NPCs & Critters
    • Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
    • Group/Professional Rating
  6. Miscellaneous
    • Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
    • For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
    • Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
    • Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
  7. Runner's Companion
    • The Alternative Character Creation Chapter.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Found one myself just after release - Free Spirit and AI PCs are not marked as forbidden for Shadowrun Missions play. I've fixed this for the next update.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
This is related to everyone having Flight as part of the Athletics Skill Group....

Human Drake wanting to add a speciality to Flight skill. After doing this, get a validation error 'must be able to fly to learn flight skill'. This goes away when changing to dracoform.
Canis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
CeaDawg - since the issue you were having doesn't fall into the normal reason for that issue to occur, I moved those posts over to the general Hero Lab forum, so that someone who understands the licensing mechanism better than I do will see it and can take over figuring out what's causing it.

Link to that thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21613
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old June 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
On a character, if you add a Summoned spirit, and then click the checkmark to "Bind?", the Force of the spirit changes automatically to be equal to the Magic attribute of the character.
Murrdox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
On a character, if you add a Summoned spirit, and then click the checkmark to "Bind?", the Force of the spirit changes automatically to be equal to the Magic attribute of the character.
This should only happen during creation mode, not during advancement, because according to SR4A, pg. 87, the spirits you pay BP for during character creation have Force = Magic.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old June 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Ah, thanks. Sorry I thought I'd tested this with both a Locked and Unlocked character. Tried it with a Locked character and it's working fine.
Murrdox is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Boomdoggle

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Runner's Companion Page 110 (Other Metagenic Qualities)

None of those can be selected in either the Positive or Negative Metagenic Quality section of the Qualities tab.

Enhanced Cyberlimb Armor still does not add to the character's overall armor rating nor does it appear on the armor tab.

Per Shadowrun 20th Core Pg 344:
Armor enhancements installed on cyberlimbs are both Ballistic and Impact, and it is cumulative will all forms of worn armor.

Also the FAQ:

Does cyberlimb armor for cyber half-limbs add its entire Rating to the character’s Armor Rating in SR4A?

Yes. Armor enhancements to lower arm/lower leg cyberlimbs (and cyberhands/cyberfeet) apply their full Rating to the character’s Armor Rating. Gamemasters may choose to only apply the partial cyberlimb’s attributes, including armor, to tests directly involving said cyberlimb (p.343, SR4A).

The SR4A Changes Document erronously states that this was changed in SR4A, when in fact no such change was made.

Maybe add an option to the character generator to restrict it to only damage resistance tests involving that limb but otherwise not working per RAW.

Last edited by Boomdoggle; June 13th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Boomdoggle is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zuni Technomancer

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Not really a bug: I don't think that most of the infos under "Personal" apply to an AI. Is there a possibility to hide them for an AI?
Zuni Technomancer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdoggle View Post
Runner's Companion Page 110 (Other Metagenic Qualities)

None of those can be selected in either the Positive or Negative Metagenic Quality section of the Qualities tab.
I posted a fix for this to the forums. Until such a time as HL is actually fixed, you can download the .user file I created and drop it into your shadowrun directory and this problem goes away.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21522

Last edited by cryptoknight; June 13th, 2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added link to fix.
cryptoknight is offline   #10 Reply With Quote