Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Totino

Old November 4th, 2019, 09:45 PM
The trait "Magical Knack" requires the selection of a spellcasting class the give the benefit to, but it currently restricts the choice to classes that you have. You can pick up the trait at first level though and choose a spellcasting class that you do not yet have. So the dropdown should just always contain the list of all spellcasting classes from any products available to you.
Totino is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 5th, 2019, 08:10 AM
I've encountered this too.

My solution was to not make a selection until I had acquired the class to which I'd like it to apply.
If your Druid levels will count as higher than they are, for caster level purposes, there is no loss to the character to not have that specified prior to acquiring any Druid levels.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 6th, 2019, 02:15 PM
+1

This has been my solution as well. When I reported this as a bug, the LW folks said Paizo didn't consider it a bug and they weren't going to change it.

I tried to copy the trait and fix it myself but there's no way to pick a Thing that isn't on the character, so I had no solution. Someone with more experience will probably point out how simple the solution is and I'm going to look like a dunce, but I can accept that.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Totino

Old November 6th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Yeah I mean you can just leave it there until you take the class, but it is technically a bug, just thought it might be a grounder for LW to flag that dropdown as "all spellcasting classes" instead of "spellcasting classes the hero has." The red was buggin' me lol.
Totino is offline   #4 Reply With Quote