Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Getting the Infinite Loop message, with every character physically printed. Both with the older HL executable and the new 64-bit executable.

Infinite Loop.PNG

The characters print, but there is some distortion on their attributes, both on the preview and the actual print. Strangely, not all the characters in the portfolio suffer from this

Distorted Print.PNG
Ualaa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Temporary fix.
I downgraded back to HL 8.8K, to see how that works.

No infinite loop errors, or so far any errors at all.
The community package & sphere packages seem to be running fine.

Everything prints perfectly, once again.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2019, 08:18 AM
The laptop, with version 8.9 doesn't have Infinite Loop errors.
Not sure why I have that with the desktop but not with the laptop.

It's not connected to a printer, but Print Preview generates fine without attribute distortion or the Infinite Loop pop up.

As far as third party packages, it has exactly the same versions as the desktop.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 5th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Have you used the editor on your main PC to add/change any information?

Have you tried redownloading the 8.9 dataset on the main PC?

Are both the main PC and laptop using the same 32 or 64 bit version of the client?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2019, 09:14 AM
The laptop has upgraded to the 8.9 version, but has only ever ran the 32-bit.
I integrate the Realm Works on that device with the Hero Lab.
Once I figured out that RW cannot add it's saved encounters to a running 64-bit HL, I didn't feel the need to put the 64-bit on the Taskbar.

Both laptop and desktop have very sparingly used the editor.
Specifically to rename something within a FGG file, when there is a naming conflict with something that has changed in Hero Lab.
I believe that is three instances so far, with Craft Poison, a DR type and something to do with a Lich template.
Those have been done on both machines.

I haven't tried re-downloading the 8.9 onto the desktop yet.
After downloading the 8.9 update (the first... so far only time), I noticed that the Taskbar still pointed to the older/original executable.
After running the 64-bit, clicking any saved portfolio opens it with the 64-bit.
If I specifically run the older client, I can open any of the portfolios that have been saved.

Using the older client, if I open the portfolio with the player characters, I can add encounters from Realm Works, but that necessitates opening the 32-bit (original) executable first and then opening the PC portfolio from the File > Open menu.

I'll try the 8.9 update on the desktop, after D&D, possibly tonight (but it'll be late, sessions usually end between midnight and 3am) but more likely tomorrow.

Until RW can integrate their saved portfolios into the 64-bit HL, I don't plan to run the 64-bit once on the laptop.

Thanks for the insights.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old October 5th, 2019, 09:59 AM
What specifically did you rename, from what to what? Can you link your portfolio file
TobyFox2002 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 6th, 2019, 12:38 PM
The only file I modified was:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user

When the Dirty Tactics book came out, they used the same name as the RA one. I ended up renaming this FGG entry: skCrafPois, not sure what I named it to or how to find what that would be.

This piece, I wasn't able to rename and have HL start, but upon outright deleting it, HL was fine. rRAAdvDemi

There was another one, a damage reduction, but I cannot seem to find it within my post history.
I believe it was DR to Cold Iron and Magic, but am not absolutely positive on that.
It was within the RA file; that's the only one I've changed.

With errors, a ways back, I removed these two FGG (HL) options: Razor Coast & Stoneheart Valley.
Removing bits and pieces (the line numbers that had issues) caused other issues, and my editor-fu isn't that high.
At some point (when they were bought) they worked, but not any longer.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 6th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Have you tried redownloading the 8.9 dataset on the main PC?
Re-upgraded to the latest version of HL, and so far there haven't been Infinite Loop issues and Print Preview does not show any distortion of some of the attributes.

Hopefully the issue remains gone.

So far, no Infinite Loop errors, and those were rampant with Print Hero or Print Preview.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 7th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Having run the 64-bit version of HL, the issue has returned.

It was completely gone, having downgraded to the previous version 8.8K.
And upgrading to the 8.9, but only running the original 32-bit was fine too.

Today, I tried the 64-bit executable, planning on working within Hero Lab without Realm Works.
The 64-bit wanted to reactivate the license.
Once I did that the Infinite Loop has returned, as has the extra large stats on Print Preview (I'll assume the print is also larger than normal for some of the stats, but haven't tested that one).

It seems the solution is to downgrade to 8.8k, reactivate the license.
Upgrade to 8.9, and reactivate the license again, but only with the original 32-bit application.

Then don't run the 64-bit.
Ualaa is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 8th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Having run the 64-bit version of HL, the issue has returned.

It was completely gone, having downgraded to the previous version 8.8K.
And upgrading to the 8.9, but only running the original 32-bit was fine too.

Today, I tried the 64-bit executable, planning on working within Hero Lab without Realm Works.
The 64-bit wanted to reactivate the license.
Once I did that the Infinite Loop has returned, as has the extra large stats on Print Preview (I'll assume the print is also larger than normal for some of the stats, but haven't tested that one).

It seems the solution is to downgrade to 8.8k, reactivate the license.
Upgrade to 8.9, and reactivate the license again, but only with the original 32-bit application.

Then don't run the 64-bit.
I'm not understanding what could be causing the infinite loop error in the newer version of Hero Lab. That message should only be generated based on the scripts generating the data you are seeing, which would be the same between the two versions of Hero Lab. If you could send us a bug report and include the portfolio you are using, that would be very helpful to us to track down the issue you are describing.
DaveM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote