Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

mirtos

Old October 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM
The Dynamic and Academic Priest feats dont seem to do anything for me. Do they function or are they just text? In other words, how can i get them to affect HeroLab's spells/day max spell/level?

Thanks a bunch,

I appreciate your time and help.
mirtos is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old October 30th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
The Dynamic and Academic Priest feats dont seem to do anything for me. Do they function or are they just text? In other words, how can i get them to affect HeroLab's spells/day max spell/level?

Thanks a bunch,

I have the same issue with the Planning Domain.

Val
LordValerius is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 31st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:

Thanks a bunch,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordValerius View Post
I have the same issue with the Planning Domain.

Val
If these are both out of the "Spell Compendium" then yes I am pretty sure they are currently nothing more than text. They are on the to-do list to finish at some point.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old October 31st, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If these are both out of the "Spell Compendium" then yes I am pretty sure they are currently nothing more than text. They are on the to-do list to finish at some point.
I dont think they are out of the spell compendium. (at least the feats I mentioned, not the domain that Lord Valerius mentioned) I think its out of complete divine. They do checks for pre-reqs, that part works fine. they even let you chose what class it is supposed to apply to. but thats it.

(for the time being, i might just make a copy of the class, force my players to take the feat, but its hardly the best way to go).

Id be happy to script, im a programmer, so with a little suggestion, id be happy to play around.

Im just not sure, how do you script changing a classes primary spellcasting attribute. I couldnt figure it out.

TIA
mirtos is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old October 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Looks like the Planning Domain is listed as being in these books (Complete Warrior, Player's Guide to Faerun, Spell Compendium)...Is there any way for me to edit the current entry myself (think they are read only) or am I left with having to re-create the domain in my own user file?

Thanks!

Val
LordValerius is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Mirtos, I think the feats allow you to add a variant class to implement their effects. Enable variant classes and see if you can add that.

Valerius, the files are not read only, but if you make any changes they will be overwritten when you next update the community files, so I would reccommend you send those in to ShadowChemosh for inclusion in the next release.
Aaron is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old October 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Valerius, the files are not read only, but if you make any changes they will be overwritten when you next update the community files, so I would reccommend you send those in to ShadowChemosh for inclusion in the next release.
Right, according to SC, it's on the to do list in the future, but doesn't help my current War Cleric who has the Planning domain. =) Understood about how the changes work. Will look into adding the domain to my current user file and see if that works.

Thanks!

Val
LordValerius is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old October 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Mirtos, I think the feats allow you to add a variant class to implement their effects. Enable variant classes and see if you can add that.
Ok, so the feats require a variant class? that wasnt clear to me. You're absolutely right. Thanks.

So since my player wants to (and it seems fair) use dynamic priest for the "healer" class, so that she doesnt have to split between wisdom and charisma (healers already have their DC based on charisma), I guess i need to create a variant of healer.

Last edited by mirtos; October 31st, 2011 at 08:59 PM.
mirtos is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordValerius View Post
Will look into adding the domain to my current user file and see if that works.
From inside the editor you can do a New (Copy) of the Domain to copy it into your own .user file. You can also use the "Replace ID" method to have your new changed version override the version from the Community Data set.

This way you can have your custom changes but still have everything from the community data set treat it the same as the core version.

With the loss of our biggest contributor we are going to be allot slower at getting meaningful updates out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old November 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Ok, so the feats require a variant class? that wasnt clear to me. You're absolutely right. Thanks.

So since my player wants to (and it seems fair) use dynamic priest for the "healer" class, so that she doesnt have to split between wisdom and charisma (healers already have their DC based on charisma), I guess i need to create a variant of healer.
I think i spoke to soon. I copied the variant of cleric to healer, modified it so it fit healer, and while the spell says its based on Charisma, it actually still seems to be based on wisdom. (It says my "CHA isnt high enough", but its using the number from my wisdom to give me max spell level).

I will try the cleric one to be sure, but has anyone used these variants?

(not home right now, but when i get home i will post the expression)
mirtos is offline   #60 Reply With Quote