Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WildMonkeyLaura

Old February 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have the translation code in place for the spells, everything is working except for one tiny little issue - how should I go about generating thing Ids to ensure they won't collide with anyone else's?
WildMonkeyLaura is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Typically, the thingid for a spell looks something like this:

sSor20000

The breakdown is thus:

s - for spell
Sor - Sorcerer class spell
2 - level 2 spell
0000 - counter

basically, this is the id for the first 2nd level sorcerer spell entered. The second would be the same but you add 1 to the end so it looks like sSor20001, and so on and so forth.

I don't have the BoED in front of me, but the sanctified spells are not unique to a single class, right? So, I would recommend using the same methodology, but change the class indicator to something like SS (which I don't think is used). So, the thingid would look like:

sSS20000 (for the first entrant of a 2nd level Sanctified Spell)

This method would assume a single entry for each spell. If you did multiple entries you would either have to change the class id for each instance or figure out where we are in the counting system for each class.

As an aside, if there was a way to add spells/powers known to all classes that can cast/manifest it would resolve issues with feats that provide specific spells/powers added to the known list. Did you figure out how to do this, or did you do something else?
Sendric is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I'd recommend adding some text in the Id that's specific to this project - sSa First 4 of first word First 3 of second word (First 7 of first word if it's a one-word spell name).
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote