Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Atrius
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 15

Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Someone mentioned that the Draconic Heritage feat from Dragon Magic wasn't properly setting skills as class skills. I am unable to reproduce this issue. Whoever reported this issue, or anyone else for that matter, could you please give a specific example of when it is not working so I can get it fixed? Thanks.
I was the one that reported that, but I don't see the post on here anymore. (EDIT: Looks like I just PMed that one to ShadowChemosh and didn't put it on the forum.) Here is how I encountered the error: I created a Dragonfire Adept and chose the Green dragon as the dragon for my Draconic Heritage feat. This should have set Move Silently as a class skill. However, it did not do that - I had to do a Permanent Adjustment to get Move Silently as a class skill.

Additionally, at Level 1, the "Immunity to Sleep" and "Immunity to Paralysis" specials are being added to the Dragonfire Adept. However, DFAs don't get these immunities until Level 19.

Last edited by Atrius; March 3rd, 2016 at 09:46 AM.
Atrius is offline   #461 Reply With Quote
Atrius
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 15

Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
I also found an error when creating a Beguiler through Level 5.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue:

1. I clicked the "Special Abilities" button on the Beguiler tab and selected "Distract Assailant" from the drop-down menu for the level 3 Advance Learning.

2. I then clicked "OK" to return to the Beguiler tab and clicked the "Click to add more spells" button. I then added "Distract Assailant."

3. Distract Assailant shows on the spell list on the Beguiler tab and in the Spellcasting summary box. However, when I go to the Spells tab, Distract Assailant does not show up with the other tracked spells under "Spellcasting."
Atrius is offline   #462 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old March 3rd, 2016, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
I was the one that reported that, but I don't see the post on here anymore. (EDIT: Looks like I just PMed that one to ShadowChemosh and didn't put it on the forum.) Here is how I encountered the error: I created a Dragonfire Adept and chose the Green dragon as the dragon for my Draconic Heritage feat. This should have set Move Silently as a class skill. However, it did not do that - I had to do a Permanent Adjustment to get Move Silently as a class skill.

Additionally, at Level 1, the "Immunity to Sleep" and "Immunity to Paralysis" specials are being added to the Dragonfire Adept. However, DFAs don't get these immunities until Level 19.
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out. It may just be the green dragon specifically.

I have already fixed the issue with the immunities. It will be available with the next release. Thanks for the report.
Sendric is offline   #463 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old March 3rd, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
I also found an error when creating a Beguiler through Level 5.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue:

1. I clicked the "Special Abilities" button on the Beguiler tab and selected "Distract Assailant" from the drop-down menu for the level 3 Advance Learning.

2. I then clicked "OK" to return to the Beguiler tab and clicked the "Click to add more spells" button. I then added "Distract Assailant."

3. Distract Assailant shows on the spell list on the Beguiler tab and in the Spellcasting summary box. However, when I go to the Spells tab, Distract Assailant does not show up with the other tracked spells under "Spellcasting."
Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Update: When you are in the dropdown, there are two options for "Distract Assailant". Select the second one and it should appear in your spells tab. The first one shouldn't be there because it was obsoleted. I will take a look at resolving that.

Last edited by Sendric; March 4th, 2016 at 03:53 AM.
Sendric is offline   #464 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old March 4th, 2016, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
I created a Dragonfire Adept and chose the Green dragon as the dragon for my Draconic Heritage feat. This should have set Move Silently as a class skill. However, it did not do that - I had to do a Permanent Adjustment to get Move Silently as a class skill.
Ok, so this feat was originally designed to work with Sorcerers only, so the script only applies the ClassSkill to the Sorcerer class. It's not clear to me from the description whether the skills should be assigned as class skills to all classes or just the one. Either way, we need a way to handle characters getting this feat through the Dragontouched feat.

For now, I will set this up to assign the designated skill to all classes. If you feel it should only be one class, let me know and I'll make the appropriate changes.
Sendric is offline   #465 Reply With Quote
mirtos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 865

Old March 5th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Pretty much more than half of the sources stopped working for me, breaking most of my characters... anyone else having a similar problem?
mirtos is offline   #466 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old March 5th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Pretty much more than half of the sources stopped working for me, breaking most of my characters... anyone else having a similar problem?
I haven't received any such reports. Can you describe how they broke? My guess is there was a compilation error that is causing the user-created data not to load.
Sendric is offline   #467 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,698

Old March 5th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Pretty much more than half of the sources stopped working for me, breaking most of my characters... anyone else having a similar problem?
If you are getting a error on the game system load this will cause HL to fall into safe mode and load no addons/.user files.

On the window causing this error you can right click and select 'COPY' and paste it here. That will greatly help Sendric figure out the problem.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #468 Reply With Quote
mirtos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 865

Old March 5th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I realized it. I saw someone post a similar thing, I saved my .user files, and deleted and reinstalled all the other ones. it fixed it. I hadn't done an update in a while, and since today was game day, I didn't have the time to post the issues. I'm just wondering if something failed in an update. (again I saw someone else post something very similar a couple of days ago), as opposed to the files themselves. Everything appears to be good now.
mirtos is offline   #469 Reply With Quote
Atrius
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 15

Old March 6th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Found another issue with a custom magic item. I created +1 Eager Spiked Gauntlet. This should add +2 to Initiative (untyped) when the item is wielded, which should stack with the +4 (untyped) from Improved Initiative. However, that is not stacking the bonus (resulting in only a +4 bonus to Initiative).

Also, the Weapon Crystals from MIC are not programmed as equippable. For example, I added a Crystal of Fire Assault, Least, and it will not let me equip it. This might impact the Dragon Spirit Cincture (MIC p. 95), which gives +1 to the DC of a breath weapon if you equip a weapon that does the same elemental damage type as the breath weapon.

Last edited by Atrius; March 6th, 2016 at 01:40 PM.
Atrius is offline   #470 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.