Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:24 PM
Assuming this wouldn't violate any licenses or anything. I know it's easy enough to add as a custom language, but it would still be neat to have it in the core product. I'm guessing it would be trivial to add, and it would be an acknowledgment of your deaf customers.

I know there are other types of non-verbal languages, but those are either simple or not common.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:46 AM
As far as I know, there isn't a "canonical" sign language in Pathfinder outside of the Drow one. So adding it could open Lone Wolf up to claims of misrepresenting their original material as official.

Aside from using the Custom Language setup in the main game, you can also add a language in the Editor to have it show up among the "core" items available.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
As far as I know, there isn't a "canonical" sign language in Pathfinder outside of the Drow one. So adding it could open Lone Wolf up to claims of misrepresenting their original material as official.
Yeah, I kind of thought that might be an issue. If I were Paizo, though, I wouldn't pick this battle. But that's just me. *Shrug*
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:35 PM
Well as a compromise it could be added to the Community Content, or you could use DROW Sign as a replacement, most games dont use drow as a race so it probably wouldnt confuse most of your players.

Or you could create a custom user file. Creating a new language is one of the easiest things for someone new to the editior.

Open the Editor, Create a New, go to the General Tab > Language > New (Blank)

Once you've added the new language, name it how you like and add a brief description and short text. Or you could instead click on New (Copy) and Copy Sakvroth, rename it and uncheck Secret Language. Copying it will remove the need for you to set up Category and Prevalance. It will already be tagged as Uncommon and Verbal.

Just make sure you give it a Unique ID that is unlikely to ever be used by paizo, I suggest "l" followed by your Initials and then Sign, an example would be "lEBSSign" the reason for this is so all custom content you make is always easily identifiable as YOURS if you ever share. If you want you can even source it so you can turn it on and off, which is always important if you want to share it with others.

You shouldnt need to worry about any scripts because most languages dont use them.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote